ThoughtWorks Studios today announced Adaptive ALM, a new solution to help organizations streamline and automate the Agile software development lifecycle. Using Adaptive ALM, development organizations have the flexibility to better manage a variety of software development methodologies and incorporate engineering practices that drive productivity.
“Many traditional ‘ALM’ tools focus on project management and require end-users to adhere to the dynamics of the tool, rather than the tool adapting to an organization’s processes and practices, Adaptive ALM allows teams to use their chosen development methods, while supporting engineering best practices that are vital to the successful development of sophisticated and mission-critical software projects,” said Cyndi Mitchell, managing director for ThoughtWorks Studios.
ThoughtWorks Studios, the products division of ThoughtWorks, developed Adaptive ALM through the integration of its three flagship products, Mingle (project management), Twist (test automation) and Cruise (release management). The result is a fully automated solution that supports most aspects of software development and delivery lifecycle, from requirements definition and portfolio management to test automation, quality assurance and release management.
ThoughtWorks development tools are currently used by hundreds of customers in more than 20 countries. Using Mingle as the management hub for globally distributed and cross functional teams, Adaptive ALM delivers the following benefits for Agile-based development:
- Stakeholder Visibility – provides both management and development teams with real-time visibility across the development lifecycle to more accurately manage and adapt to changing environments.
- Requirements Management – supports greater efficiency and timely capture, management, prioritization and tracking of business objectives. Helps teams at every point in the development lifecycle build to customer specifications.
- Traceability and Accountability – teams can track business value through the development lifecycle through detailed project history at the story level, shared virtual project wall, auditable deployments and traceable story transitions.
- Quality Management – manages quality driven software development from requirements gathering to development and release. Enables business requirements to serve as test specifications and provide automation of test suites and routine test deployments.
- Test Automation and Deployment Management – provides team control and visibility into test and release processes, with fully automated test suites that evolve with the application. This cross-functional automation improves collaboration and quality driven deployments.
You can learn more about ThoughtWork's Adaptive ALM offering here.