Top 10 Application Lifecycle Management Tools For The Year 2020
This article gives a list of the top 10 application lifecycle management tools that you should explore for 2020 and the features of each.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What Is Application Lifecycle Management?
Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) is used to manage and track the application development process. A plethora of ALM tools are available which help in handling all the aspects of a project like requirements management, customer support, IT service delivery, and quality assurance (QA), to name a few.To increase the efficiency of a project, it is crucial to find the right ALM tool.
Let us have a look at the ten most popular ALM tools for 2020.
Top Application Lifecycle Management Tools
JAMA provides a platform for requirements, risk, and test management. It has a customer base of more than 600 organizations from various domains like industrial manufacturing, healthcare, and financial services.
- Offers end-to-end live traceability of people, data, and processes
- It enables real-time impact analysis, which shows the effect of changes related to upstream and downstream requirements
- Lets the user define, organize, and execute requirements-based test plans and test cases
- Integrates well with ALM, PLM, QA, MBSE
- Facilitates quick replication of features across products
2. Polarion ALM
Polarion ALM is a product of Siemens. It is a full enterprise-level ALM aimed at improving the application development process.
- It enables you to reuse or branch your pre-existing data (or code) for new projects
- It has a user-friendly interface
- Provides high-end security while sharing data and setting user permissions
- Offers innovative problem-solving techniques
- All the stakeholders can view all the requirements for review, approval or development
SwiftALM is used to manage traditional and Agile IT and software projects.
- Provides configurable and flexible application architecture
- Comes with advanced search and analytics technologies, which increases productivity and delivery performance
- Supports Agile, Waterfall, and many other processes
VersionOne is gaining popularity owing to its easy-to-use interface and providing end-to-end continuous delivery.
- Provides a drag-and-drop interface
- Offers prioritization of stories and defects
- Provides alignment between corporate objectives and product deliverables
- Provides results as per business goals
- Enables easy backlog management
- Provides end to end continuous delivery
- Gathers all feature requests in one place
5. Code Review Bundle
Code review bundle is a set of different tools that help improve the code quality. However, before going into the details of that, you need to have an idea of cost to develop an app. It will set you up for application lifecycle management.
- It works in integration with Visual Studio.
- It offers features like code folding and files merging.
- Improves code readability by flagging defects in comments.
DevSuite offers a fully integrated ALM solution. The software monitors and controls all processes of Application life cycle management.
- It offers full traceability from every requirement
- It provides portfolio management and project management of multiple projects
- It improves the final product quality by providing features like product implementation, defect tracking, etc.
- Provides unmatched scalability
- Provides a centralized view to simplifying product planning
AccuRev had been acquired by Micro Focus, and it provides software configuration management.
- It quickens the pace of the development process as it can handle distributed and complex parallel environments
- AccuRev’s fully-integrated Agile ALM system, “AgileCycle,” makes one of its most unique features
- AccuRev enables the developers to design their development process or workflow graphically
- Allows the changes to be broadcasted, thereby minimizing errors
8. ALM Complete
As the name suggests, ALM Complete manages all the aspects of a product’s development life cycle.
- Provides live updates of project plans and development status
- Offers test case management to organize test cases
- Easily integrates with manual and automated test cases
- Efficiently links requirements to use cases
Relution is used to manage and secure the complete the mobile app lifecycle. It is incredibly time-efficient and has a user-friendly interface.
- Prevents unauthorized app access
- Compatible with iOS, Android & Windows platform
- Enhances productivity
- Provides highest app quality
AccelQ is one of the few software which offers a visual blueprint of application. It is a testing platform used for functional and API testing.
- Follows a codeless natural language
- Completely browser-based application
- Smart View Analyzer allows multiple revisions of the application
- Features OAuth 2.0 Protocol for Authentication and Authorization
Wrapping Up Things…
Here, we have provided you with top application lifecycle management tools for 2020 that will help you in the long run. If you any idea, suggestion or questions related to this blog, then feel free to ask them in the comment section. Thank you!
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.