Top 10 Service Virtualization and API Testing Resources From 2016
From research on the lifecycle virtualization market to functional test automation, developers learned about myriad topics last year.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Happy new year! Out of the 100+ service virtualization and API testing white papers, articles, videos, and case studies on Parasoft's resource center, these 10 were the most popular in 2016.
1. Gartner Research: API Testing, Service Virtualization, and Continuous Testing
New Gartner research explores why Continuous Testing with API testing and Service Virtualization is essential for accelerating and automating the delivery of innovative, market-differentiating software — especially for teams adopting DevOps and Agile.
2. Forrester and Capital One: How to Transform DevTest for Continuous Delivery
Capital One’s Adam Auerbach shares his insights on what DevTest changes are critical for responding to extreme digital disruption. Forrester’s Diego Lo Giudice joins Adam for the discussion and explores how the challenges of delivering quality@speed are being overcome across all industries facing digital disruption.
3. voke Research Lifecycle Virtualization Market Mover Array: Lifecycle Virtualization Market Mover Array
voke's report highlights why service virtualization is essential for initiatives such as Agile, DevOps, and anything positioned as “continuous.”
4. Service Virtualization: Accelerating Digital Transformation at CareFirst
Learn how service virtualization enabled CareFirst to deliver more (and more innovative) software faster than ever before… without increasing costs or compromising on their high quality standards.
5. SV Best Practices: Insights From Industry Leaders
This resource features service virtualization best practices from industry experts such as Comcast, Staples, and Forrester. Topics include DevOps, Agile, functional testing, performance testing, and more.
6. How Does a Top Global Retailer Automate Continuous Testing? With Service Virtualization
Learn how service virtualization enabled the world’s second-largest retailer to continuously execute automated tests involving core purchase functionality — despite unstable downstream components, asynchronous responses, and 3rd-party service constraints.
7. Forrester Modern Application Functional Test Automation Wave Q4 2016
This Forrester Wave report evaluates 11 functional test automation tool vendors across 33 criteria to help organizations working on enterprise, mobile, and web applications select the right tool. Forrester gave Parasoft the highest score among all vendors in the Current Offering category, citing its focus on developers, API testing, and evolved analytics.
8. Service Virtualization: The Missing Piece for Continuous Testing in Microsoft VSTS
Learn how the combination of Microsoft Azure, Microsoft VSTS, and Parasoft Service Virtualization — operating natively within the Microsoft environment — can help your team rapidly deploy a complete test environment on demand for Continuous Testing.
9. How a Leading Financial Services Company Scaled Test Environment Access for Agile
Learn how service virtualization helped a leading financial services company scale access to a prohibitively expensive 3rd party application, giving each Agile team instant to an independent test environment they could configure and reconfigure as needed — with zero impact on the other teams.
10. Testing 123 With voke's Theresa Lanowitz: Continuous Testing, Service Virtualization, and the New Role of Testers
This chat explores software testing topics including how Agile, DevOps, and microservices are bringing an increased emphasis on quality; soon-to-be-released research on release automation; the ideal role for a software tester in the modern SDLC; the (sad) state of automation today; and why service virtualization and other lifecycle virtualization technologies are essential today.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.