It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles From HCC
- Phoenix HBase Tuning – Quick Hits by: smanjee
- HBase tuning like any other service within the ecosystem requires understanding of the configurations and the impact (good or bad) it may have on the service. This article shares some simple quick hitters which increase performance on your phoenix/HBase cluster.
- Using the New HiveQL Processors in Apache NiFi 0.7.0 by: tspann
- In Apache NiFi 0.7.0, there are now processors for Reading Hive data via HiveQL and Storing to Hive via HiveQL. These processors are SelectHiveQL and PutHiveQL.
- IoT Example in Apache NiFi: Consuming and Producing MQTT Messages by: tspann
- In Apache NiFi 0.7.0, there are new processors to Get and Put data to an MQTT broker, which is popular in IoT because of its small footprint and speed. MQTT is supported by Eclipse and IBM.
- HBase Replication and comparison with popular online backup programs… by: mkumar13
- This article is the first in a series of three articles discussing HBase Replication.
- Heterogeneous Storage in HDFS(Part-1)… by: mkumar13
- Hadoop version 2.6.0 introduced a new feature heterogeneous storage. This article investigates the pros and cons of this storage mechanism.