- Windows 8 "Where is that function?" person - This will be a common occurrence in offices and homes around the world.
- OpenStack PoC and interop person - Your business thinks OpenStack will be great for them, but which version should they use (Redhat, Rackspace, HP, Piston Cloud, Nebula, Community, etc.) and will they be compatible? Even the leading analysts can't keep track of it.
- Android "why don't I have that feature?" person - Only 16% of existing Android phones are on the latest version of software. And they are enabling almost a million phones a day.
- "Can I borrow an Apple power cord?" person - If the rumors are true, the iPhone 5 will have a new power connector, which most likely means that iPad will as well. So long to all the existing cables.
- "Open-source setup, Virtual-Lab setup" person - Most enterprises IT groups struggle with open-source because it's traditionally under-documented. This seems to be getting somewhat better (before, after), and some live resources, but there is a market to make this simpler to access and consume.
The Top 5 Consulting Jobs of 2012-2015
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.