Top 5 Data Science and Machine Learning Course for Programmers
Top 5 Data Science and Machine Learning Course for Programmers
If you have a passion for data analytics and problem-solving and want to make a difference both in your career and the world, this is the right time to make your move.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Insight for I&O leaders on deploying AIOps platforms to enhance performance monitoring today. Read the Guide.
Many programmers are moving towards data science and machine learning hoping for better pay and career opportunities — and there is a reason for it. Data scientist has been ranked the number one job on Glassdoor for last a couple of years and the average salary of a data scientist is over $120,000 in the United States according to Indeed. Data science is not only a rewarding career in terms of money but it also provides the opportunity you to solve some of the world's most interesting problems. IMHO, that's the main motivation many good programmers are moving towards data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
If you are in the same boat and thinking about becoming a data scientist in 2018, then you have come to the right place. In this article, I am going to share some of the best online courses you can take to become a data scientist in 2018 by learning about data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
When it comes to programming languages and libraries, Python and R are clearly two leading programming languages in the areas of machine learning, data analytics, and artificial intelligence. Many exciting developments are happening in those languages and they already have some useful libraries to start with.
If you've got some programming or scripting experience, these courses will teach you the techniques used by real data scientists and machine learning practitioners in the tech industry and prepare you for a move into this hot and lucrative career path.
5 Courses to Learn Data Science in 2018
Here is my list of the top five online courses you can take to learn data science and machine learning and become a data scientist. These courses will provide you valuable insights, advice, tips, and recommendations to take your data science career to the next level. IT rightly contains the courses on both Python and R, two of the most popular programming languages of data scientists.
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp: Many of my friends and colleagues who have moved towards data science have chosen Python as their choice of language. One reason is that Python is probably the most popular language and offers everything. They were already using Python for scripting and object-oriented programming and it's easy to learn data science if you already know the language rather than learning a new language like R. This is one of the best courses to master data science and machine learning python libraries. You will learn how to use numpy, pandas, Seaborn, matplotlib, Plotly, scikit-learn, machine learning, TensorFlow, and more! This course is designed for both beginners with some programming experience and experienced developers looking to make the jump to data science!It is comparable to other data science boot camps that usually cost thousands of dollars, but now, you can learn all that information at a fraction of the cost — with just $10.99 if you're lucky to get it during Udemy's flash sale.
- Data Science, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning With Python: This is one of the rare hands-on courses to learn the neural networks, artificial intelligence, and machine learning techniques that employers are seeking. This course is designed by analyzing the real requirements in data scientist job listings from the biggest tech employers, which means it covers the machine learning and data mining techniques real employers are looking for.
- Careers in Data Science A-Z: If you have an interest in data analytics and machine learning and are wondering about how to become a top-level data scientist, then this is the right course for you. In this course, you will not only learn the basic steps on how to become a data scientist but also real-world tips and tricks to take your data science career to the next level.
- Tableau 10 A-Z: Hands-On Tableau Training for Data Science! Tableau is one of the popular tools among data scientists and that's because there is a great demand for data scientists who know Tableau. This course will teach you Tableau 10 for data science step-by-step. It contains real-life data analytics exercises and quizzes to give you first-hand experience with Tableau. You'll learn all of the features in Tableau that allow you to explore, experiment with, fix, prepare, and present data easily, quickly, and beautifully.
- R Programming A-Z: R For Data Science With Real Exercises! R is another popular programming language for data science and this course provides a good overview of R from a data science perspective. There are lots of R courses and lectures out there. However, R has a very steep learning curve and students often get overwhelmed. This course is truly step-by-step. In every new tutorial, we build on what had already learned and move one extra step forward.
That's all about some of the best courses to become a data scientist in 2018. As I said in the first paragraph, data science is a very lucrative career with lots of exciting opportunities to solve some of the most interesting problems of the world. If you have a passion for data analytics and problem-solving and want to make a difference both in your career and the world, this is the right time to make your move.
I'll write more about data science and machine learning for both Python and Java developers as my knowledge grows in this areas. Many of my readers have asked about libraries, frameworks, and books in Java and Python for machine learning and that's on my list of things to do this year. These online courses are a good point to starts with.
BTW, here are some other programming and development courses you may like to explore in 2018:
- 5 Big Data and Apache Spark Courses for Java Developers
- 5 Courses to Learn Python in 2018
- 5 Free Courses to Learn Spring Boot and Spring MVC in 2018
- 5 Spring Microservice Courses for Java Developers
- 5 Courses That Can Help You Become a Scrum Master in 2018
- 10 Free Docker Courses for Java Developers to Learn DevOps
- 5 Free Jenkins and Maven Courses for Java Developers
Thanks for reading this article. If you like these data science and machine learning courses, then please share with your friends and colleagues. If you have any questions or feedback or want to suggest some other courses to learn data science, please feel free to drop a note.
Published at DZone with permission of Javin Paul , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.