Top 5 Event Streaming Use Cases for 2021 With Apache Kafka
Learn about edge deployments, hybrid and multi-cloud architectures, service mesh-based microservices, streaming machine learning, and cybersecurity.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Gartner Top Strategic Technology Trends for 2021
After preparing the presentation, I also discovered Gartner's top strategic technology trends for 2021:
It is really funny (but not surprising) how much these Gartner predictions overlap and complement the five use cases I focus on for Event Streaming and Apache Kafka. The tech industry's key trends are all about data correlation, real-time processing, analytics, and integration between various systems and technologies—all of that globally and securely. Hence, here you go with the top 5 trends around Apache Kafka for 2021...
Top 5 Apache Kafka Use Cases for 2021
- Edge deployments outside the data center: It's time to challenge the normality of limited hardware and disconnected infrastructure.
- Hybrid and multi-cloud architectures: Discover how these span multiple sites across regions, continents, data centers, and clouds with real-time information at scale to connect legacy and modern infrastructures.
- Service mesh-based microservices architectures: Learn what becomes possible when organizations can provide a cloud-native event-based infrastructure.
- Streaming machine learning: In 2021, many companies will move to streaming machine learning in production without the need for a data lake that enables scalable real-time analytics.
- Cybersecurity: While security never goes out of style, in 2021, we will see cybersecurity in real-time at scale with openness and flexibility at its core.
Slides and Video for Event Streaming Use Cases in 2021
Here are the slides and the on-demand video recording for this talk.
On-Demand Video Recording
Published at DZone with permission of Kai Wähner, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.