It has been another exciting week on Hortonworks Community Connection HCC. We continue to see great activity and recommend the following assets from last week.
Top Articles from HCC
- Implementing a real-time Hive Streaming example by: mjohnson The Hive Streaming API enables the near real-time data ingestion into Hive. This two-part posting reviews some of the design decisions necessary to produce a health Hive Streaming ingest process from which you can in a near real-time execute queries on the ingested data.
- Using NiFi to ingest and transform RSS feeds to HDFS using an external config file by: gkeys This article shows a simple NiFi data flow from the web to HDFS that demonstrates several fundamental capabilities of NiFi
- Kafka 0.9 Configuration Best Practices (unofficial) by: vjain This article is applicable for anyone deploying a Kafka cluster for production use. It points out certain high level points that you should be thinking about before deploying your cluster.
- Demystifying Delegation Token by: jramakrishnan The concept of Delegation token is introduced to avoid frequent authentication check against Kerberos(AD/MIT). After the initial authentication against Namenode using Keberos, any subsequent authentication can be done without Kerberos service ticket(ot TGT).
- Using Apache NiFi for Slowly Changing Dimensions on Hadoop Part 1 by: smanjee EDW design patterns. Applying well-established relational concepts to Hadoop I yields many anti-patterns. Which patterns work? Let's get to work…
Top 5 Questions — last week
- NiFi: How to check if large file has completely been written to directory without using Minimum File Age setting?
- can i use the same disk with diff mount points to store Data nodes data, NN namenode data, SN data, JT data (master node data) and /usr and /var
- Can you please have a look at below mentioned HUE issue and help in understanding root cause ?
- Apache NIFI – What is the difference between ConsumeKafka and GetKafka,Apache NiFi – What is the difference between ConsumeKafka and GetKafka
- HDP stack versions not listed
Come over to HCC and participate.