Toward a Flow of Delivery via Agile-Lean
This article lists the areas that are needed to sustain in order to reach the flow of delivery with the help of Agile-Lean methodology.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The article lists the areas that are needed to sustain to reach the flow of delivery with the help of Agile-Lean:
- The Team
- The Quality
- The Pull-System
- The Culture
- The Continuity
This needs some prerequisites have been met:
- Agile awareness
- Business and product roadmap clarity
Effective Agile Teams
The keys are Self-Organized, Collective-Ownership, Self-Managed, Cross-Functional, and Evolutionary team.
- GOTO 2017 • Patterns of Effective Teams • Dan North [video]
- Empowered Product Teams
- Maximizing Developer Effectiveness
- Agile Teams - Scaled Agile Framework
- Lean-Agile Leadership - Scaled Agile Framework
- Agile Manifesto: "Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design enhances agility".
- Lean-Agile Mindset: The goal of Lean is to deliver the maximum customer value in the shortest sustainable lead-time while providing the highest possible quality to customers and society as a whole.
- SAFe’s Built-In Quality: The Enterprise’s ability to deliver new functionality with the shortest sustainable lead time, and adapt to rapidly changing business environments, depends on solution quality. Helping to avoid the cost of delays (COD) associated with recalls, rework, and fixing defects. SAFe’s built-in quality philosophy applies systems thinking to optimize the whole system, ensuring a fast flow across the entire Development Value Stream, and makes quality everyone’s job.
- Making Architecture Matter - Martin Fowler [video]
- Design Stamina Hypothesis
- Is High-Quality Software Worth the Cost?
- Built-In Quality - Scaled Agile Framework
- Team and Technical Agility - Scaled Agile Framework
A pull system is a Lean manufacturing principle created to reduce waste in the production process. This kind of system offers many advantages, such as optimizing resources, increasing flow efficiency, and more.
Agile means optimizing for the completion of high-importance work, rather than optimizing for keeping people busy.
- What Is a Pull System? Details and Benefits
- Visualizing Workflow with Kanban
- Kanban Pull System: A Simple Way to Improve Software Throughput - DZone Agile
- The Push vs. Pull Nature of Agile Product Management - Stop Assigning Work!
- Team Kanban - Scaled Agile Framework
To encourage individuals—and the enterprise as a whole—to continually increase knowledge, competence, performance, and innovation. This is achieved by becoming a learning organization, committing to relentless improvement, and promoting a culture of innovation.
The Continuity and The Flow: "The Result"
- Build incrementally with fast, integrated learning cycles - Scaled Agile Framework
- The Practical Test Pyramid
- Continuous Integration - Scaled Agile Framework
- Continuous Deployment - Scaled Agile Framework
- Martin Fowler – Continuous Delivery [video]
The article emphasizes the aspects from an operational perspective. The referred sources and links are entry points to the details and practices. There might be other points to include but at least these specific and explicit points are minimum.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.