Service driven systematic reuse takes conscious design decisions, governance, and disciplined execution – project after project. In order to sustain long running efforts such as service orientation, it is critical to track, report, and get buy-in from senior management in the organization. So what metrics are useful? Here are a few:
- Total number of service operations reused in a time period
- Total effort saved due to systematic reuse in a time period
- Number of new service consumers in a time period
- Number of new consumer integrations in a time period (this includes integrations from both new and existing consumer
- Service integrations across transports/interface points (for instance, the service operation could be accessed SOAP over HTTP, or as SOAP over JMS, or REST, etc.)
What metrics do your teams track?