TrueZIP 7.0 RC 1
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Schlichtherle IT Services is proud to present the availability of the first release candidate for TrueZIP 7.0! After almost thousand changesets in Mercurial, ranging from patching only a few lines up to changing almost every line of the code base, version 7.0 became a complete rewrite of version 6.8.2.
- TrueZIP is now fully modular: For convenient access, applications can use the TrueZIP File* module. For more flexibility, applications can use the TrueZIP Kernel module.
- The pluggable archive driver architecture in TrueZIP 6 has been refactored to a general file system driver architecture which is used by the TrueZIP Kernel module to access all file systems – even the OS file system. This design should allow to bridge to JSR 203 (a.k.a. NIO.2) for universal access to a broad range of file system types in JSE 7 (this feature is not available in the TrueZIP File* module).
- The TrueZIP Driver HTTP module enables access to web resources for applications of the TrueZIP Kernel module.
- JSE 6 is now fully embraced for new language and API features – most notably Generics.
- Maven 3 is used for modularization and building the project site – it’s not a dependency for TrueZIP applications, however.
For more information, please visit the project's new blog at http://truezip.schlichtherle.de.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.