Today when opening one of our .sln files we received the following error message when trying to load a web project.
Of course the first thing we did was open the .csproj file but nothing seemed ‘out of whack’. When we opened the file we saw what we thought was the issue, but it turned out to be a false negative. The false negative is below.
It was not until we started to really, really took a look at the changes line by line that we noticed the issue (even then we glossed over the issue a few times first).
Here is the xml which is the issue
Notice how the merge had put a <TypeScriptCompile> element inside of a <Content> element, this is NOT allowed. Once we moved the <TypeScriptCompile> element the project opened just fine and we were able to compile.
Till next time,
P.S. If you are looking to make the jump from XAML (Silverlight, WPF) to HTML check out my PluralSight course, HTML for the Xaml Developer, for some help.