Official user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) guidelines from the manufacturers, links to which you can find below, are a source of inspiration for mobile web and app design. Here, you will find guidelines, samples, tips, and descriptions of common mistakes. Many of the guidelines focus on native application development, but we can apply most parts of them to mobile web design too.
Remember to provide the best possible experience on each platform. Do not deliver an iPhone experience to a BlackBerry user. Every platform has its own UI and usability guidelines that every user is expecting on your app.
- iPhone Human Interface Guidelines – PDF version
- iPad Human Interface Guidelines – PDF version
- UI Guidelines for BlackBerry 6.0 Smartphones – PDF version
- UI Guidelines for BlackBerry 4.x, 5.x Smartphones – PDF version
- Android User Interface Guidelines
- BlackBerry Browser Content Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Motorola’s Best Practices for Android UI
- Nokia Design & User Experience Library
- Symbian^3 UI Style Guidelines (PDF)
- Forum Nokia Design Portal (PDF)
- Symbian UI Wiki
- Nokia Series 40 UI Style Guide
- Bada Application UI Guide
- Sony Ericsson UI Rulebook
- UI Guidelines for Windows Mobile
- Windows Touch UI Guideline
- UI Design & Interaction Guide for Windows Phone 7 (PDF)
- webOS UI Guidelines
- Hildon UI Guidelines for Nokia Maemo
More tips on mobile web design on the Programming the Mobile Web book.
Do you know any other UI Guideline? Insert the link on the comment area.