Unit Testing Spring with Mockito & PowerMock
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
I’ve updated my Spring Mockito Demo app that I demonstrate when teaching with a PowerMock of a final class with a static method.
- Maven 3.0
- Maven Enforcer plugin restricting use of commons-logging, log4j, slf4j > 1.5, maven version range & java 1.6
- All Maven plugin and java dependency versions are current and managed in properties of pom.xml
- Maven Versions plugin for evaluating current configuration for any version updates of dependencies
- mvn versions:display-dependency-updates scans dependencies and reports dependencies with newer versions
- mvn versions:display-plugin-updates scans plugins and reports plugins with newer versions
- To get the version changes w/o the ones that haven’t changed : mvn versions:display-dependency-updates | grep " -> "
- Logback configuration with SLF4J
- Mockito tests of the controller layer (services are mocked)
- PowerMock configuration testing a final class with static method
- All tests are true Unit tests, no use of Spring Context in tests, including the context creates integration tests
unit test Mockito Spring Framework
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.