Unit Testing Spring with Mockito & PowerMock
I’ve updated my Spring Mockito Demo app that I demonstrate when teaching with a PowerMock of a final class with a static method.
- Maven 3.0
- Maven Enforcer plugin restricting use of commons-logging, log4j, slf4j > 1.5, maven version range & java 1.6
- All Maven plugin and java dependency versions are current and managed in properties of pom.xml
- Maven Versions plugin for evaluating current configuration for any version updates of dependencies
- mvn versions:display-dependency-updates scans dependencies and reports dependencies with newer versions
- mvn versions:display-plugin-updates scans plugins and reports plugins with newer versions
- To get the version changes w/o the ones that haven’t changed : mvn versions:display-dependency-updates | grep " -> "
- Logback configuration with SLF4J
- Mockito tests of the controller layer (services are mocked)
- PowerMock configuration testing a final class with static method
- All tests are true Unit tests, no use of Spring Context in tests, including the context creates integration tests