Version 5.3 of OpenWGA Java Web CMS escapes!
OpenWGA - the Open Source Web CMS with the slightly odd name - is now available in Feature Release 5.3, bringing the following goodies:
- Ready-to-use "Content Modules" i.e. page fragments that authors can use to build their composite pages. See them in action editing our live demo site.
- Trashbin and Templating functionality for each individual author in the OpenWGA Content Manager authoring client, also shown in the live demo
- Management of "Virtual Hosts" inside OpenWGA, assigning web applications and virtual resources to special DNS host names
- Some automatic optimizations for search engines, like eliminating the "JSessionID" and doing static redirects especially for search engine bots
- A new initialization wizard for freshly installed OpenWGA sites should make initial setup a snap
- New export functionality for runtime projects in OpenWGA design studio, that allows to push a locally created website to an OpenWGA live server in one step
- Many smaller improvements. See a complete list here
Get the new release via our various distribution forms. The best way to try the platform remains the OpenWGA developer studio, our dedicated IDE for design and development featuring an integrated OpenWGA server installation for testing purposes.