Here's part 5, covering the Nodes API and the Explorer & Property Sheet API via 3 small demos and a bit of explanation.
- Nodes API: Gives you a generic model that is suitable for a number of different Swing components, instead of requiring you to rewrite the model when you switch between different UI components.
- Explorer & Property Sheet API: Gives you the Swing components that are sensitive to models of the kind outlined above, which can be exchanged very simpy, thanks to the ExplorerManager that controls them.
Previous parts in this series:
- Part 1: Runtime Container
- Part 2: Lookup API
- Part 3: Window System API
- Part 4: System Filesystem API