JHawk Java Metrics Tool
Virtual Machinery is pleased to announce a major point release (4b104) of their JHawk product. JHawk has been the leading Java metrics tool since 1999. Our range of licenses makes it economic for use for everybody from single users through academic institutions to Fortune 500 companies. Our Site and Corporate licenses include full source code and source code options are available the single user license as well.
Feedback from our customers ensures that the product continually evolves in terms of the breadth of metrics offered, the quality of analyisis and the features available. Versions are available at Command Line (suitable for inclusion in Ant), as an Eclipse plugin and as a standalone Java application. Data output options include CSV, XML and HTML. You can download a trial version here and read our 'Guide to Java Metrics' here. For more details on the product go here.
As part of these release we are offering our single user, no source licenses at a special introductory price of $39.95/€29.95. This applies to both our Eclipse and stand-alone Java application licenses both of which include the Command Line version. If you can't choose you can buy a combined license which includes, the Eclipse, standalone and Command Line versions for $74.95/€49.95.
The main changes in this latest release are:
- Addition of 'Classic' CBO metric calculation at Class Level
- Addition of FanIn (Afferent Coupling), FanOut (Efferent Coupling), Abstractness, Instability and Distance metric calculations at Package Level
- Changes to appearance and content of documentation - particularly our 'Guide to Java metrics' which you can view online here
- Command line version now parameterised to allow Java files created in a different encoding format to the current environment to be analysed.
- Full internationalisation of data representation and sorting and storage of preferences
- Numerous quality and performance improvements