Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Discover how AppDynamics steps in to upgrade your performance game and prevent your enterprise from these top 10 Java performance problems, brought to you in partnership with AppDynamics.
This just in! VisualVM 1.3.5 has been released. Have a look at the new features:
• links to snapshots in Overview / Saved data
• .npss files opens with timeline
• UI appearance improvements
• VisualVM launcher updated
• Allow filtering treetable results
• Speed-up of opening heap dumps and computation of retained sizes
• UI to copy nearest GC root trace to clipboard
• KillApplication plugin can use kill -9
• Built on NetBeans Platform & profiler 7.2.1
The VisualVM 1.3.5 release also delivers several bugfixes. See the Release Notes for the list of all changes. The bits can be downloaded here.
Java Profiling with VisualVM
X-Ray Vision for Dramatic Performance Gains:
NEW VisualVM Refcard! + Additional Resources:
The Java Zone is brought to you in partnership with AppDynamics. AppDynamics helps you gain the fundamentals behind application performance, and implement best practices so you can proactively analyze and act on performance problems as they arise, and more specifically with your Java applications. Start a Free Trial.
Published at DZone with permission of
, DZone MVB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.