VSTS Extension — SoapUI Testing
Learn how to install and use the SoapUI test extension for VSTS to quickly create and run automated functional tests.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
SoapUI is the world’s leading functional testing tool for SOAP and REST testing. With its easy-to-use graphical interface and enterprise-class features, SoapUI allows you to easily and rapidly create and execute automated functional, regression, and load tests. In a single test environment, SoapUI provides complete test coverage, from SOAP and REST-based web services to JMS enterprise messaging layers, databases, Rich Internet Applications, and much more.
SoapUI Extension for VSTS
This extension can be used to run SoapUI scripts or to make SoapUI available for other tasks (as an environment variable).
The SoapUI version used is version 5.4
Using the SoapUI Extension
- Get the extension from the VSTS Marketplace
- You will have 2 tasks: SOAPUI or SoapUI-Include
- In your build definition, add the task
- Select your project (and arguments)
- If you add the argument
-j(default value), this task will produce JUnit reports, which you can then send to VSTS/TFS using the task
[Publish Test Results]. Use
-fto mention where your report will be extracted.
- Docs: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/vsts/build-release/tasks/test/publish-test-results
- Or, add the task
- This will create an environment variable called SOAPUI_EXE that you can use in the following tasks:
SOAP UI Task.
Test Result Task.
What Is Added in This Extension?
- POI.jar (Apache POI to generate consolidated reports)
- jxl.jar (to fetch data at runtime from input xls)
- SQLJDBC42.jar (to establish a connection to Azure SQL DB for validations
These JARs don’t come as part of standard SoapUI JARs.
This extension is publicly available on the VSTS Marketplace. The build number is automatically incremented on each commit by the VSTS Build task by a pattern, like “0.0.$(Build.BuildId)”. See the documentation for reference.
You can use SOAPUI.xml. Download it here.
This extension is published under the MIT license (see license file).
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.