WANdisco Announces Free Online Hadoop Training Webinars
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We’re excited to announce a series of free one-hour online Hadoop training webinars, starting with four sessions in March and April. Time will be allowed for audience Q&A at the end of each session.
Wednesday, March 13 at 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00 PM Eastern
“A Hadoop Overview” will cover Hadoop, from its history to its architecture as well as:
- HDFS, MapReduce, and HBase
- Public and private cloud deployment options
- Highlights of common business use cases and more
March 27, 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00 pm Eastern
“Hadoop: A Deep Dive” covers Hadoop misconceptions (not all clusters include thousands of machines) and:
- Real world Hadoop deployments
- Review of major Hadoop ecosystem components including: Oozie, Flume, Nutch, Sqoop and others
- In-depth look at HDFS and more
April 10, 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00 pm Eastern
“Hadoop: A MapReduce Tutorial” will cover MapReduce at a deep technical level and will highlight:
- The history of MapReduce
- Logical flow of MapReduce
- Rules and types of MapReduce jobs
- De-bugging and testing
- How to write foolproof MapReduce jobs
April 24, 10:00 AM Pacific, 1:00 pm Eastern
“Hadoop: HBase In-Depth” will provide a deep technical review of HBase and cover:
- Its flexibility, scalability and components
- Schema samples
- Hardware requirements and more
Space is limited so click here to register right away!
Published at DZone with permission of Jessica Thornsby, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.