A web built on LaTeX
The Web Dev Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Discover how IT departments looking for ways to keep up with demand for business apps has caused a new breed of developers to surface - the Rapid Application Developer.
The other day on TeXtip, I threw this out:
Imagine if the web had been built on LaTeX instead of HTML …
Here are some of the responses I got:
- It would have been more pretty looking.
- Single tear down the cheek.
- No crap amateurish content because of the steep learning curve, and beautiful rendering … What a dream!
- Shiny math, crappy picture placement: glad it did not!
- Overfull hboxes EVERYWHERE.
- LaTeX would have become bloated, and people would be tweeting about HTML being so much better.
- Noooo! LaTeX would have been “standardised”, “extended” and would by now be a useless pile of complexity.