Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Easily build powerful user management, authentication, and authorization into your web and mobile applications. Download this Forrester report on the new landscape of Customer Identity and Access Management, brought to you in partnership with Stormpath.
The other day on TeXtip, I threw this out:
Imagine if the web had been built on LaTeX instead of HTML …
Here are some of the responses I got:
- It would have been more pretty looking.
- Single tear down the cheek.
- No crap amateurish content because of the steep learning curve, and beautiful rendering … What a dream!
- Shiny math, crappy picture placement: glad it did not!
- Overfull hboxes EVERYWHERE.
- LaTeX would have become bloated, and people would be tweeting about HTML being so much better.
- Noooo! LaTeX would have been “standardised”, “extended” and would by now be a useless pile of complexity.
The Web Dev Zone is brought to you by Stormpath—offering a complete, pre-built User Management API for building web and mobile applications, and APIs. Download our new whitepaper: "Build Versus Buy: Customer Identity Management for Web and Mobile Applications".
Published at DZone with permission of
, DZone MVB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.