XINS 3.0 has been released.
XINS is an open source (BSD like) web services framework supporting HTTP protocols such as REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON, JSON-RPC and more.
From the specifications written in simple XML, XINS generates the Client API (.jar), the Java server code template (.war), the WSDL and the documentation of the specification in HTML (with the test forms) or in OpenDocument format. Examples can be included in the specification and can be used to generate a server stub, a client mock, JUnit tests or JMeter tests.
- Moved to Java 5.
- Replaced specific types PropertyReader and org.xins.common.xml.Element with the Java types Map<String, String> and org.w3c.dom.Element.
- Logdoc is now an apart library.
- Migrated to HttpClient 4.2.1 with possibility to define/configure the HttpClient
- Added possibility to pass values from the calling convention to the function and vice versa. (Backpack)
- Possibility to define a load balancer on the server side
- Possibility to define Servlet filters and interceptors
- Can also run on Netty
- Generation of client mock based on examples
More details available at http://www.xins.org