Microsoft SQL Server comes in different versions that includes
- SQL Server Enterprise
- SQL Server Business Intelligence
- SQL Server Standard
- SQL Server Web
- SQL Server Express
I have been using SQL Server Express 2012 for quite some time . What are the limitations of SQL Server Express compared to the other versions of SQL Server ?
In this blog post , let’s find out few the limitations of SQL Server Express Edition.
What are the Limitations of SQL Server Express Edition ?
The Express Edition of the SQL Server works great for most of the scenarios like the higher version of SQL Server but some of the limitations include
- Maximum memory utilized by SQL Server Database Engine is 1GB .
- Maximum size of the each relational database is 10 GB.
- No SQL Profiler
- Dedicated admin connection under trace flag
- Single CPU (prior to 2008 R2 Express).
- Maximum number of SQL Server Express instances = 16 on a machine.
Until now , SQL Server Express edition has been working well for me and i plan to try out the higher version of SQL Server in sometime