To gather insights on the state of the Java ecosystem today, we spoke to nine executives who are familiar with it. We asked these experienced Java professionals, "What other technical solutions do you use in conjunction with Java?" Here's what they told us:
- Web, mobile, and desktop tool chains. We try to take the best of breed to solve a particular problem. Pragmatic decision making.
- Java 8, Spring Boot, and MongoDB for scalable platforms. Modernization transformations for lasting and sustainable platforms. Particularly with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the HHS.
- Customers are using various messaging solutions like AMQP, JMS, RabbitMQ, and Microsoft BizTalk server. Seeing more big data solutions like Hadoop, Apache Kafka, and Spark to integrate with.
- We are all Java except for plug-ins. We use CNC and C++ for other products. We select the right software for the job.
- A lot:.NET, Go, Ruby, Python, Jango, NodeJS, Rust. We’re a polyglot shop.
What technical solutions do you use most frequently with Java?
And in case you're wondering, here's who we talked to:
- Kehinde Ogunde, Developer, Andela
- Eric Shapiro, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, ArcTouch
- Prem Chandrasekaran, V.P. of Software Engineering, Barclaycard
- Rajiv Kadayam, Senior Director of Technology Strategy, eGlobalTech
- Anders Wallgren, CTO, Electric Cloud
- Ray Augé, Senior Software Architect, Liferay
- Wayne Citrin, CTO, JNBridge
- Kunal Anand, CTO, Prevoty
- Tim Jarrett, Director of Product Management, Veracode