Why Businesses Can’t Afford to Miss Chatbot Development
Why Businesses Can’t Afford to Miss Chatbot Development
Chatbots are seen all over. Let's check out why your business can't afford to miss out on chatbot development.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Chatbots Will Excite Your Customers, so Don’t Disappoint Them!
According to an online survey, about 44% of U.S. consumers prefer Chatbots over humans for customer communication.
Still, it’s the businesses’ responsibility to ensure a smooth experience. To be successful, they must ensure their Chatbots are:
- Professional and bug-free
- Aligned to the brand rather than just random affairs
- Providing good linguistics
- Providing well-defined tasks
Chatbots Won’t Replace Services or People
- The biggest Chatbot misconception is that they’ll take over services and automate everything so businesses wouldn’t need humans to function.
- While Chatbots may appear to replace apps and will minimize human efforts for more productive outcomes, they cannot completely replace people and services.
- Chatbots merely interact with people to clarify their queries within the preset scope as much as possible.
- For issues outside the scope, Chatbots are still able to determine a customer’s initial query.
Chatbots Help Cut Down on Operational Costs
- Every year, around 265 billion customer support requests are made and it costs businesses whopping $1.3 trillion to service them.
- These costs can significantly be reduced with the help of AI Chatbots. As per reports of Chatbots Magazine, implementing virtual agents or Chatbots can help businesses to save up to 30%.
- According to industry research, Chatbots are predicted to deal with 90% of all customer inquiries within 5 years.
- This means that by 2022, it’s expected that they will cut business costs by $8 billion.
Chatbots Offer Progressive Avenues for Marketing and Sales
- Competent Chatbots developed by effective sources, like acquire, can close more sales through robust marketing attempts.
- For example:
- Chatbots can establish personalized customer interactions to provide them with credible shopping advice based on their purchase history and preferences.
- Chatbots won’t keep customers waiting. They seamlessly guide them through every aspect of the sale, addressing each query as it arises.
- Chatbots are knowledgeable about predicting customer behavior. Because of this, they can push the appropriate notifications to the right people, every time.
- Chatbots can reach out to innumerable prospects through social media like no human could ever achieve.
Chatbots Impact the Business by Improving Sales and Customer Services
- Chatbots collect customer information like names, professions, and website or social network contact details to create customer profiles.
- In this way, the chatbot is used for both sales and marketing purposes. They keep existing customers engaged with interested brands and products with push notifications.
- Chatbots act like a bridge between brands and customers by providing 24/7 interaction.
- Chatbots can perform routine tasks simply to enhance customer service. They also provide customers with complete product details.
Chatbots Need Consistent Evaluation and Optimization
Chatbot performance must be regularly tracked and evaluated based on the capability of retrieving relevant information like user experiences, linguistic capabilities, and usability.
Chatbot optimization includes:
- Setting appropriate goals
- Varying inviting welcome messages
- Incorporating additional information about the brand
- Adding new products
- Pricing changes
- Broadcasting new and more attractive offers
There are many competent mobile application development services companies that can provide you with chatbot optimization services.
Chatbots Meet Customer Expectations and Boost Brands
Below are some points which help to meet customer needs and boost brands:
- Better open rate — Chatbots proactively interact with the customers and give quick responses to them. Because of this Chatbots has higher rates compared to email.
- Better engagement — Bots send visual content and gives information regarding discount offers, or product information to keep the customer interested.
- Personalized Experience — It’s important for any business to deliver a personal experience to the customers across many touch points.
Chatbots Showcase New Products and Services
- Chatbots form a conducive platform for broadcasting a business. They reach massive audiences. They maintain constant and friendly customer contact, eliminating customer annoyance from cold calls.
- This forms a favorable basis for pushing notifications and showcasing new products and services.
- As these notifications are only sent to the appropriate people, based on their interests, customers feel appreciated rather than irritated.
- These factors combine to make Chatbots the best platform for explaining a business’s new products and services to consumers.
Chatbots Could Change the Nature of Marketing
- Business is all about reaching relevant audiences. But conventional means make it difficult to analyze and predict customer interests and preferences.
- In this way, Chatbots change the nature of marketing endeavors and form the customer service strategy.
- They build good customer relationships and possess the ability to delicately persuade consumers to purchase by suggesting preferred items.
- Chatbots monitor consumer behavior and can track customer interest, which helps to propel appropriate notifications based on individual interests.
A reliable Chatbot development company will help you with highly intelligent and sophisticated chatbot solutions that can be implemented into diverse domains such as e-commerce, customer support, entertainment, delivery services or healthcare.
Published at DZone with permission of Varun Bhagat . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.