Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
One year ago when we decided to sacrifice all of our spare time to create Babylon.js we had a really interesting discussion about using TypeScript as main development language.
Before going further, here are some numbers you may need to correctly understand my explanations. Indeed Babylon.js is:
- An average of 1 version per month
- 21 contributors
- 32 releases
- 365 commits (one per day )
- 14000+ lines of code
- More than 120 files of code
- More than 200 forks
- A bandwidth of 1TB per month for the website
- All my spare time (I cannot even remember the last time I went to see a movie)
- 1.3GB (Code and samples)
Let me explain you what the main reasons for this decision are.
Because it is transparent for users
Published at DZone with permission of David Catuhe , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.