Video Tutorial - Building a Silverlight Application with Windows Phone 7
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This Windows Phone 7 Jump Start video training is for all developers interested in developing applications or games for the new Windows Phone 7 Platform. The course is based on the Microsoft Windows Phone 7 Developer Training Kit and taught by Microsoft MVP's and Microsoft Press Authors, Andy Wigley and Rob S. Miles.
- Respond to event controls
- Work with Windows themes and styles
- Customize text input
- Work with Databinding and the Listbinding template
- Handle Page Navigation
- Handle the hardware Back key
- Create orientation-aware pages
Over the coming months, DZone will be posting the remainder of this training series, covering topics such as:
- Building XNA Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform
- Advanced Windows Phone 7 Application Development
- Marketing Your Windows Phone 7 Application
This session is where the coding begins. Andy and Rob walk through building your first application with Microsoft Silverlight. It includes responding to event controls, Windows themes and styles, and customizing text input.
This video extends session two and begins with an introduction into Databinding with a dive into the Listbinding template. Rob and Andy follow by covering Page Navigation, handling the hardware Back key, and finally creating orientation-aware pages.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.