In other Windows Phone 7 news, HTC's entry into the WP7 market has leaked specs available today. An Australian carrier leaked the phone's name, "Mozart," and most news sites are calling it by that name now. Here are the specs:
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD 8250 CPU
- 800x480 pixel LCD screen replacing AMOLED (3.7 inches)
- 8 megapixel camera, xenon flash, and 720p HD video recording
- 1300mAh battery
- 8GB of memory
- Compass, orientation, proximity, and ambient light sensors
- Bluetooth 2.1, A-GPS, and 802.11n WiFi
- Phone dimentions: 119 x 60.5 x 11.9 mm
The HTC Mozart release is scheduled for late October in the UK. Many WP7 handsets will ship later this month for Europe, but the US will have to wait until November to get theirs.
I thought it was interesting that the event said "(Microsoft Customers Only Please)" in the event title. Perhaps they're worried about an Android or Apple fanboi trolling attack.