Windows Phone 7: Touch and Sensors
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
A few months have passed since my previous presentation for Eneta community and the time has come to talk about something new. This time I have chosen two topics: Touch and Sensors. I think, both topics are very important for Windows Phone 7 developers, especially when it comes to developing games.
I haven’t had much time to prepare my speech due to my workload, but, at least, I think the demo part went smoothly. I have prepared a demo for each part of my presentation. This time there were around 50-60 offline and online participants. I would like to thank Eneta community, IT College and Microsoft for supporting this event. As usual, it was a very pleasant experience for me and, hopefully, for others too.
During the presentation I covered the following topics:
- General information about Touch support and Gestures for Windows Phone 7
- Touch: Mouse Events (+Demo)
- Touch: Manipulation Events (+Demo)
- Touch: Static class Touch (+Demo)
- General information about Windows Phone 7 sensors
- Sensors: Accelerometer (+Demo including simulating coordinates using Reactive Extentions)
- Sensors: GPS / A-GPS (+Demo including simulating coordinates using Reactive Extentions)
You can also check the following resources to find out more about my presentation:
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.