Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Start coding today to experience the powerful engine that drives data application’s development, brought to you in partnership with Qlik.
is an open source rich text editor based on HTML5 technology and the
progressive-enhancement approach. It uses a sophisticated security
concept and aims to generate fully valid HTML5 markup by preventing
unmaintainable tag soups and inline styles.
- It's fast and lightweight (smaller than TinyMCE, Aloha, ...)
- Auto-linking of urls as-you-type
- Generates valid and semantic HTML5 markup (even when the content is pasted from MS Word)
- Uses class names instead of inline styles
- Unifies line break handling across browsers
- Uses sandboxed iframes in order to prevent identity theft through XSS
- Speech-input for Chrome
- No jQuery required
- Firefox 3.5+
- IE 8+
- Safari 4+
- Safari on iOS 5+
- Opera 11+
- Graceful degradation: Unsupported browsers will get a <textarea>
: http:/ / xing. github. com/ wysihtml5/
: MIT License
Create data driven applications in Qlik’s free and easy to use coding environment, brought to you in partnership with Qlik.
Published at DZone with permission of
Hirvesh Munogee, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.