Xamarin Mobile Application Development for Android - Second Edition Announced
Book titled “Xamarin Mobile Application Development for Android” – Second Edition is announced available to pre-order to be published in September 2015.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Book titled “Xamarin Mobile Application Development for Android” – Second Edition is announced and is available to pre-order. This book is expected to be published in September 2015.
If you are a C# developer who wants to develop Android apps and enhance your existing skill set, then this book is ideal for you. Good working knowledge of C#, .NET, and object-oriented software development is assumed.
For preorder visit packtpub.com
Technology trends come and go, but few have generated the excitement, momentum, or long-term impact that mobile computing has. Mobile computing impacts people’s lives at work and at home on a daily basis. Many companies and individual developers are looking to become a part of the movement but are unsure how to best utilize their existing skills and assets. The Xamarin suite of products provides new opportunities to those who already have a significant investment in C# development skills and .NET code bases, and would like to enter into this new, exciting world.
This example-oriented guide provides a practical approach to quickly learn the fundamentals of Android app development using C# and Xamarin.Android. It will lead you through building an Android app step-by-step with steadily increasing complexity.
Beginning with an overview of the Android and Xamarin platforms to provide you with a solid understanding of the underlying platform, we gradually walk through building and testing a Points of Interest Android app using C# and the Xamarin.Android product. You will learn to create ListView and add detail view to your Android application. You will handle application behaviors on orientation changes, before learning the different techniques to manage resources and layouts to support multiple screen sizes. You will then access a SQLite database in a cross-platform way and add location features to your application. Finally, you will add camera integration to your application and deploy your app to the various Android app stores.
About This Book
- Build and test multi-view Android applications using Xamarin.Android
- Work with device capabilities such as location sensors and the camera
- A progressive, hands-on guide to develop stunning Android applications using Xamarin
What You Will Learn
- Build a multi-view, orientation-aware Android application with navigation
- Lay out content using the LinearLayout, RelativeLayout, and TableLayout layout managers
- Use a ListView (AdapterView) and Adapter to build a view that is populated from server data
- Consume REST web service to perform GET, UPDATE, DELETE operation
- Use Android SQLite for data persistence and caching
- Capture the current location of a device, determine the street address, and integrate with the map app
- Test, debug, and deploy an Android app
Published at DZone with permission of Nilanchala Panigrahy, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.