XINS web services framework 3.1 released
I've just released the version 3.1 of XINS, an open source web services framework that supports XML over HTTP, REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC and many other protocols. From the specification of the API (in simple XML), XINS generates the client side code, the server side templates, the API documentation in HTML, including the test forms and in open document format (ODF). Based the examples defined in the specification, XINS generates the unit tests, the mock and the JMeter tests.
XINS runtime also handles statistics, ACLs, transaction logging, load balancing, data convertion and validation.
What's new in 3.1:
- Added support for caching of the result.
- Added possibility to return not modified (304) with no data.
- Improved performance.
- Added JSON-RPC 2.0 calling convention.
- Added the result codes: _FunctionNotSpecified, _FunctionNotFound, _InvalidRequestFormat, _NotAllowed, _DisabledAPI
- Added possibility to handle compressed (gzip) result data.
- Added example with jQuery.
- Various bug fixes