Yet another JavaFX review
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Matt Stephens has written a witty and caustic review of JavaFX on The Register. While its not uncommon for reviewers to rip apart JavaFx, Matt has a few interesting perspetives. The key points in his review (according to me) are as follows:
- Sun takes a long time to get products out the door. (We all know that, don't we?)
- Change of language syntax late in the game isn't a great idea
- There is no XML decalarative support in a time and age when XML is widespread
- The user is agnostic to the specific RIA toolkit as far as the UI works.
- Sun talks about JavaFX at JavaOne and not otherwise (Quite true!)
- Developers are waiting for JavaFX to be ready for primetime. (Sun do something -- they will stop waiting and move on otherwise)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
4 Expert Tips for High Availability and Disaster Recovery of Your Cloud Deployment
How To Integrate Microsoft Team With Cypress Cloud
Clear Details on Java Collection ‘Clear()’ API
Guide To Selecting the Right GitOps Tool - Argo CD or Flux CD