yFiles 2.6, the new major release of the outstanding class library for analysis, automatic layout, and visualization of diagrams, networks, and graphs is now available.
This major release includes new functionality, like, e.g.:
- swimlane layout for grouped graphs
- new stylish node painter implementations that provide a variety of visual representations for nodes
- new domain-specific layout algorithm suited for genealogical family trees
- comprehensive yEd Lite source code demo
- support for user-defined constrained node sequencing in hierarchical layouts that allows to specify nodes to be placed at the beginning or the end of their respective layer, or to be placed before/after a given reference node
- support for model-view relationships between a distinguished graph and an arbitrary number of so-called "satellite graphs" that can each be rendered in their own view
- layout and editing support for minimum size and maximum size constraints for nodes
- many layout improvements, great and small
For a detailed list on the new features and functionality, please read the yFiles 2.6 release notes. Test and experience the new features with a 30-day evaluation version of yFiles 2.6
Also, please take a look at our gallery for an enjoyable collection of graph layouts automatically generated by yFiles layout algorithms.
yWorks specializes in professional software solutions for the visualization of diagrams and graphs. Our yFiles product family offers high-quality diagramming for Java and .NET applications as well as for browser applications based on Adobe™ Flex™ or AJAX technology.
The extensive yFiles Java class library and the .NET class libraries yFiles.NET and yFiles WPF deliver state-of-the-art component technology which can easily be integrated into Java applications, servlets, and applets, and Windows Forms, ASP.NET, and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) applications, respectively.
Our web products yFiles FLEX and yFiles AJAX are a perfect fit for web-based diagramming applications that use state-of-the art web technologies.