Your Guide to GraphQL [Tutorials and Articles]
Your Guide to GraphQL [Tutorials and Articles]
In this article, we take a look at one of the most popular data query manipulation language for modern APIs.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What Is GraphQL?
- Introduction to GraphQL: A Query Language for APIs by Shivangi Gupta — Learn about GraphQL, a query language designed to build client applications based on data requirements and interactions, and why you should use it to query data.
- Introduction to GraphQL by Vlad Pshenychka — Learn about GraphQL, a platform that uses flexible syntax and systems that simply describe your data requirements and interactions.
- GraphQL: Core Features, Architecture, Pros, and Cons by Kseniia Bezugla — Explore GraphQL and its key features, and see how GraphQL is changing API design architecture.
- Why and When to Use GraphQL by Hitesh Baldaniya — For solutions to common REST query issues like overfetching and multiple network requests, look to GraphQL.
- My GraphQL Thoughts After Almost Two Years by Kin Lane — We find out what the API Evangelist has to say about GraphQL nearly two years after being exposed to it.
GraphQL vs the REST
- GraphQL vs REST: What's Best for Web Content Management by Jason Smith — See whether GraphQL or REST is best for web content management.
- REST API Industry Debate: OData vs GraphQL vs ORDS by Sumit Sarkar — How we interact with REST APIs is evolving. In this article, we take a look at a few standards that are at the forefront of web service technology.
- APIs: RPC versus REST versus GraphQL by Tom Smith — When it comes to APIs, there is no one best solution. The right choice depends on the developer and what they'll be using their API to do.
- GraphQL Java Example for Beginners [Spring Boot] by Swathi Prasad — In this article, we will look at a GraphQL Java example and build a simple GraphQL server with Spring Boot.
- GraphQL Server in Java, Part I: The Basics and Part Two: Understanding Resolvers by Tomasz Nurkiewicz — Learn more about GraphQL in Java applications.
- GraphQL: Understanding Spring Data JPA/SpringBoot by Piyush Arora — Let's understand Spring Data JPA and Spring Boot with a practical example.
- A Beginner’s Guide to GraphQL With Angular and Apollo by Swathi Prasad — There's no denying GraphQL is all the rage for API development. Let's get it working with Angular.
- Mocking and Testing GraphQL in React by Leigh Halliday — Make testing GraphQL a breeze with static and dynamic mocks.
- Create a GraphQL API With Node, Mongoose, and Express by Nick Parsons — Learn how to build a GraphQL API from configuration to data models using Node, Mongoose, MongoDB, and Express.
- Cube.js and Chart.js Example With Dynamic Database Part One and Part 2 by Artyom Keydunov — Create a robust and dynamic dashboard with React and GraphQL.
- Integrate a React Native app with GraphQL and Apollo Client by Krissanawat Kaewsanmuang — In this article, we discuss how to leverage Apollo to build a client-side GraphQL application with React Native and Expo.
- GraphQL Server With .NET Framework (Not .NET Core) by Anshulee Asthana — Wondering whether you can set up a GraphQL server implementation using the regular ole .NET Framework? Then read on.
- GraphQL API for SQL Database in .NET by Dmytro Fedorchenko — Let's briefly examine the methods we can use for getting data and clarifying possible pitfalls for each approach.
- How to Bind the Kendo UI Grid to a GraphQL API by Dimitar Kalaydzhiev — In this post, we'll learn how to configure the Kendo UI Grid Component to easily consume data through GraphQL queries and mutations.
- GraphQL: Understanding Spring Data JPA/SpringBoot Part One and Part Two by Piyush Arora — Let's understand Spring Data JPA and Spring Boot with a practical example.
- Anatomy of Sails.js API With GraphQL by Nesha Zoric — Though this isn't a common combination of tools and technology, it presents an interesting puzzle to backend and full stack web developers.
- GraphQL Meets Graph Database: A GraphQL + Neo4j Integration by William Lyon and Michael Hunger — With GraphQL gaining a lot of momentum in the world of API content delivery, having it backed by a data store like Neo4j seems like a match made in heaven.
Building Microservices With GraphQL
- GraphQL — The Future of Microservices? by Piotr Mińkowski — Learn about how to use GraphQL with Spring Boot microservices and the advantages it has over REST APIs.
- Microservices With GraphQL by Arun Pandey — A developer goes through some Java and XML code used to create a basic microservice application that uses GraphQL to fetch data.
- GraphQL as an API Gateway to Microservices by Everett Griffiths — In this post, we explore something you might not have thought of before: employing GraphQL on your API gateway!
Creating a Headless CMS
- Combining Java CMS and GraphQL to Simplify Headless Content Management by Jason Smith — Let's explore GraphQL and also see the differences between it and REST as well as see a tutorial of how dotCMS and GraphQL work together.
- What GraphQL Is and Why It Matters for Headless CMSs by Keith Bateman — Let's look at how GrapQL fits into the world of CMSs.
- Graphcool, the GraphQL Backend Development Framework by Chris Ward — GraphQL allows you to query data in the data-heavy age. It's backed and used by Facebook, but it still has tooling gaps. GraphCool aims to solve this.
- Build a Rotten Tomatoes Clone With GraphQL and Auth0 by Prosper Otemuyiwa — In this tutorial, we cover how easy it is to build a Rotten Tomatoes clone with a backend like Graphcool and add authentication to it easily using Auth0.
- Build a Health Tracking App With React, GraphQL, and User Authentication by Matt Raible — Want to learn how to build a React app with GraphQL and user authentication? Check out this post on how to use these tools to build a health tracking app.
- Top 5 Courses to Learn GraphQL in 2019 by Javin Paul — Still looking for more on GraphQL? Check out these top five courses!
- Fluree: Blockchain, GraphQL, and More: All in One Database by Chris Ward — Learn more about Fluree and listen to an interview one of our Zone Leaders had with Co-CEO Brian Platz.
Be a Part of the Conversation!
Think we missed something? Want to contribute? Let us know in the comments below... or, join the conversation by becoming a member of our community of thousands of developers eager to share their knowledge and passion for programming with others.
Before we close, we'd like to thank those who were a part of this article. DZone has and continues to be a community powered by contributors like you who are eager and passionate to share what they know with the rest of the world.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.