Your Guide to GraphQL [Tutorials and Articles]
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What Is GraphQL?
- Introduction to GraphQL: A Query Language for APIs by Shivangi Gupta — Learn about GraphQL, a query language designed to build client applications based on data requirements and interactions, and why you should use it to query data.
- Introduction to GraphQL by Vlad Pshenychka — Learn about GraphQL, a platform that uses flexible syntax and systems that simply describe your data requirements and interactions.
- GraphQL: Core Features, Architecture, Pros, and Cons by Kseniia Bezugla — Explore GraphQL and its key features, and see how GraphQL is changing API design architecture.
- Why and When to Use GraphQL by Hitesh Baldaniya — For solutions to common REST query issues like overfetching and multiple network requests, look to GraphQL.
- My GraphQL Thoughts After Almost Two Years by Kin Lane — We find out what the API Evangelist has to say about GraphQL nearly two years after being exposed to it.
GraphQL vs the REST
- GraphQL vs REST: What's Best for Web Content Management by Jason Smith — See whether GraphQL or REST is best for web content management.
- REST API Industry Debate: OData vs GraphQL vs ORDS by Sumit Sarkar — How we interact with REST APIs is evolving. In this article, we take a look at a few standards that are at the forefront of web service technology.
- APIs: RPC versus REST versus GraphQL by Tom Smith — When it comes to APIs, there is no one best solution. The right choice depends on the developer and what they'll be using their API to do.
- GraphQL Java Example for Beginners [Spring Boot] by Swathi Prasad — In this article, we will look at a GraphQL Java example and build a simple GraphQL server with Spring Boot.
- GraphQL Server in Java, Part I: The Basics and Part Two: Understanding Resolvers by Tomasz Nurkiewicz — Learn more about GraphQL in Java applications.
- GraphQL: Understanding Spring Data JPA/SpringBoot by Piyush Arora — Let's understand Spring Data JPA and Spring Boot with a practical example.
- A Beginner’s Guide to GraphQL With Angular and Apollo by Swathi Prasad — There's no denying GraphQL is all the rage for API development. Let's get it working with Angular.
- Mocking and Testing GraphQL in React by Leigh Halliday — Make testing GraphQL a breeze with static and dynamic mocks.
- Create a GraphQL API With Node, Mongoose, and Express by Nick Parsons — Learn how to build a GraphQL API from configuration to data models using Node, Mongoose, MongoDB, and Express.
- Cube.js and Chart.js Example With Dynamic Database Part One and Part 2 by Artyom Keydunov — Create a robust and dynamic dashboard with React and GraphQL.
- Integrate a React Native app with GraphQL and Apollo Client by Krissanawat Kaewsanmuang — In this article, we discuss how to leverage Apollo to build a client-side GraphQL application with React Native and Expo.
- GraphQL Server With .NET Framework (Not .NET Core) by Anshulee Asthana — Wondering whether you can set up a GraphQL server implementation using the regular ole .NET Framework? Then read on.
- GraphQL API for SQL Database in .NET by Dmytro Fedorchenko — Let's briefly examine the methods we can use for getting data and clarifying possible pitfalls for each approach.
- How to Bind the Kendo UI Grid to a GraphQL API by Dimitar Kalaydzhiev — In this post, we'll learn how to configure the Kendo UI Grid Component to easily consume data through GraphQL queries and mutations.
- GraphQL: Understanding Spring Data JPA/SpringBoot Part One and Part Two by Piyush Arora — Let's understand Spring Data JPA and Spring Boot with a practical example.
- Anatomy of Sails.js API With GraphQL by Nesha Zoric — Though this isn't a common combination of tools and technology, it presents an interesting puzzle to backend and full stack web developers.
- GraphQL Meets Graph Database: A GraphQL + Neo4j Integration by William Lyon and Michael Hunger — With GraphQL gaining a lot of momentum in the world of API content delivery, having it backed by a data store like Neo4j seems like a match made in heaven.
Building Microservices With GraphQL
- GraphQL — The Future of Microservices? by Piotr Mińkowski — Learn about how to use GraphQL with Spring Boot microservices and the advantages it has over REST APIs.
- Microservices With GraphQL by Arun Pandey — A developer goes through some Java and XML code used to create a basic microservice application that uses GraphQL to fetch data.
- GraphQL as an API Gateway to Microservices by Everett Griffiths — In this post, we explore something you might not have thought of before: employing GraphQL on your API gateway!
Creating a Headless CMS
- Combining Java CMS and GraphQL to Simplify Headless Content Management by Jason Smith — Let's explore GraphQL and also see the differences between it and REST as well as see a tutorial of how dotCMS and GraphQL work together.
- What GraphQL Is and Why It Matters for Headless CMSs by Keith Bateman — Let's look at how GrapQL fits into the world of CMSs.
- Graphcool, the GraphQL Backend Development Framework by Chris Ward — GraphQL allows you to query data in the data-heavy age. It's backed and used by Facebook, but it still has tooling gaps. GraphCool aims to solve this.
- Build a Rotten Tomatoes Clone With GraphQL and Auth0 by Prosper Otemuyiwa — In this tutorial, we cover how easy it is to build a Rotten Tomatoes clone with a backend like Graphcool and add authentication to it easily using Auth0.
- Build a Health Tracking App With React, GraphQL, and User Authentication by Matt Raible — Want to learn how to build a React app with GraphQL and user authentication? Check out this post on how to use these tools to build a health tracking app.
- Top 5 Courses to Learn GraphQL in 2019 by Javin Paul — Still looking for more on GraphQL? Check out these top five courses!
- Fluree: Blockchain, GraphQL, and More: All in One Database by Chris Ward — Learn more about Fluree and listen to an interview one of our Zone Leaders had with Co-CEO Brian Platz.
Be a Part of the Conversation!
Think we missed something? Want to contribute? Let us know in the comments below... or, join the conversation by becoming a member of our community of thousands of developers eager to share their knowledge and passion for programming with others.
Before we close, we'd like to thank those who were a part of this article. DZone has and continues to be a community powered by contributors like you who are eager and passionate to share what they know with the rest of the world.
GraphQL Spring Framework Database Data (computing) API Content management system Spring Data microservice REST Build (game engine) Web Protocols
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.