YourKit Java Profiler 11
YourKit is glad to announce the immediate availability of YourKit Java Profiler 11.
It can be downloaded at http://www.yourkit.com/download/
MOST NOTABLE CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES:
- CPU tracing overhead dramatically reduced, especially for multithreaded applications.
Applications run with CPU tracing up to 3 times faster comparing with the previous version.
- J2EE high-level profiling: overhead reduced
- CPU tracing in attach mode
- New feature: Web applications view distributes snapshot objects by web application
- New feature: sampled allocation recording option dramatically reduces allocation recording overhead
- Allocation recording: new feature: recorded objects can be distributed by how long they exist
- Profiler needs less memory to calculate paths to GC roots, which is critical
when analyzing huge snapshots with millions of objects
- Scalability improvement: it is now possible to open a memory snapshot with more than
2 billion references in total
- Improvement: added startup option usedmemhprof to automatically capture a HPROF snapshot
when used heap memory reaches a threshold.
- Memory snapshot loading time improved
- UI: faster string by pattern search for some patterns
- Peak memory usage is slightly lower when loading some memory snapshots
- Deadlock detector is now able to detect deadlocks which are not otherwise reported by
standard Java mechanism which detects only Java-level deadlocks
- Thread telemetry now also shows CPU usage graph under the thread states
- To improve readablity, precision of time shown on labels in telemetry graphs now
depends on the chosen scale (seconds, minutes, hours).
- "Copy Column Value to Clipboard" popup menu action allows to copy particular column
- Stack traces in telemetry and quick info: a sequence of recursive calls is collapsed
- Popup menu actions "Close All Tabs" and "Close All Tabs but This" are also available for the
left vertical tab group representing connected profiling applications and opened snapshots
- Agent: optimization: bytecode instrumentation takes up to 50% less time
- Agent: optimization: some intrinsic methods of JVM core classes have been excluded
from instrumentation, to reduce overhead in applications actively using them
- Added startup option logdir to customize the profiler agent log directory.
In particular, it helps accessing the log for applications running as Window service.
- Added ability to specify alternate location for the profiler files
- NetBeans: "Profile" action supported in Scala projects
- Eclipse: simplified profiling under Virgo Web Server from EclipseRT
- Capture snapshot on high memory usage trigger templates now offer to capture either a HPROF snapshot
or a memory snapshot in the profiler format
See complete list of changes at http://www.yourkit.com/changes/