YourKit Java Profiler 11
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
YourKit is glad to announce the immediate availability of YourKit Java Profiler 11.
It can be downloaded at http://www.yourkit.com/download/
MOST NOTABLE CHANGES AND NEW FEATURES:
- CPU tracing overhead dramatically reduced, especially for multithreaded applications.
Applications run with CPU tracing up to 3 times faster comparing with the previous version.
- J2EE high-level profiling: overhead reduced
- CPU tracing in attach mode
- New feature: Web applications view distributes snapshot objects by web application
- New feature: sampled allocation recording option dramatically reduces allocation recording overhead
- Allocation recording: new feature: recorded objects can be distributed by how long they exist
- Profiler needs less memory to calculate paths to GC roots, which is critical
when analyzing huge snapshots with millions of objects
- Scalability improvement: it is now possible to open a memory snapshot with more than
2 billion references in total
- Improvement: added startup option usedmemhprof to automatically capture a HPROF snapshot
when used heap memory reaches a threshold.
- Memory snapshot loading time improved
- UI: faster string by pattern search for some patterns
- Peak memory usage is slightly lower when loading some memory snapshots
- Deadlock detector is now able to detect deadlocks which are not otherwise reported by
standard Java mechanism which detects only Java-level deadlocks
- Thread telemetry now also shows CPU usage graph under the thread states
- To improve readablity, precision of time shown on labels in telemetry graphs now
depends on the chosen scale (seconds, minutes, hours).
- "Copy Column Value to Clipboard" popup menu action allows to copy particular column
- Stack traces in telemetry and quick info: a sequence of recursive calls is collapsed
- Popup menu actions "Close All Tabs" and "Close All Tabs but This" are also available for the
left vertical tab group representing connected profiling applications and opened snapshots
- Agent: optimization: bytecode instrumentation takes up to 50% less time
- Agent: optimization: some intrinsic methods of JVM core classes have been excluded
from instrumentation, to reduce overhead in applications actively using them
- Added startup option logdir to customize the profiler agent log directory.
In particular, it helps accessing the log for applications running as Window service.
- Added ability to specify alternate location for the profiler files
- NetBeans: "Profile" action supported in Scala projects
- Eclipse: simplified profiling under Virgo Web Server from EclipseRT
- Capture snapshot on high memory usage trigger templates now offer to capture either a HPROF snapshot
or a memory snapshot in the profiler format
See complete list of changes at http://www.yourkit.com/changes/
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.