ZK 5 is Officially Released
Building on its existing server-centric foundation, ZK 5 introduces Server+client Fusion; the technology combines the productivity and security gains of server-centric development with the full controllability of client side programming.
Key advancements in ZK 5 include:
- Server+client Fusion; developers are free to leverage technologies from both sides of the server-client architecture
- Java EE 6 CDI support; ZK is up to speed with JSR-299(Weld), having integrated context dependency injection in ZK, complementing ZK Spring
- jQuery integration; the abundant jQuery plug-ins and tools are now available for creating responsive UIs at the client side
- Event queue, which shields developers from the complexity of Ajax and server push, such as multi-thread programming
- Creation Deference technology schedules the generation of ZK component and DOM elements to boost performance and lower memory usage when handling vast amounts of data
- Sophisticated layouts and controls, flex, boxes and cells, afford users greater control when designing rich application interfaces
- Enterprise level spreadsheet functionalities such as in-place editing, column freezing and auto fitting
The release of ZK 5 marks the launch of ZK’s new “developer-centric” architecture with emphasis on enterprise level application support. Learn more about ZK 5’s architecture and features at http://docs.zkoss.org/wiki/New_Features_of_ZK_5.0.
Feedback and comments are most welcomed on ZK Forum.