I am pleased to announce that ztemplates 2.2.0 is now available for download.
ztemplates.org is a very simple and easy to learn Java based open source webframework.
It uses JSP, Apache Velocity or FreeMarker as rendering technology.
ztemplates is Java-centric much like Wicket, so you mainly program your webapps in Java with full compiler and refactoring support. ztemplates even creates urls in java so refactoring won't leave you with broken urls while giving you full control over the url format.
This release comes with spring support, so you can add the full power of spring to your intuitive ztemplates webapps.
ztemplates is also available from maven central so it is easy to integrate into your maven2 projects.
- Java centric and refactoring safe
- flexible rendering engine supports major templating technologies like JSP, Velocity, FreeMarker
- based on annotations and autodiscovery
- no XML configuration
- Spring support for action pojos
- no constraints on the url format
- REST-ful urls: define variables in the url and map them to pojo properties
- robust urls by two way pojo-to-url and url-to-pojo annotation based mapping
- UTF-8 supported as default encoding
- ztemplates is a filter that passes through urls it cannot match so you can transparently add it to or remove it from your existing webapp.
- selfcontained components. Components can be packaged into a jar and installed by dropping the jar into WEB-INF/lib
For more info and a nutshell example visit:
This announcement will be followed by a series of tutorials on ztemplates so stay tuned.