Architecture Diagram for Windows 8 Development
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
I have been talking a lot about Windows 8 recently and my slides have been using the architecture images Microsoft releases at Build 2011 & that awesome one Doug Seven created. However I have still found a lot of discussion exists even with those and they are showing their age.
I have tried to create a new one recently that addresses those issue:
- Age: DirectX can be used by VB/C# in addition to C++ now.
- Age: How does Windows Phone 8 fit the picture – note this may change, it is based on my assumptions and half info we have gotten.
- Discussion: Is WinJS = WinRT?
- Discussion: is .NET = WinRT?
- Discussion: Can I use WinJS on the web?
- Discussion: Can I build desktop apps on Windows 8?
- Discussion: Can desktop apps run on Windows 8 ARM CPU's.
- Discussion: How does the language projection fit in?
Clearly this wouldn’t work in a single image – so I have created a slide deck that has a great overview image and also has build up experiences where step-by-step it builds the image with information and hopefully during that answers all the questions.
Published at DZone with permission of Robert Maclean, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.