Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
If you're using React.js or React Native to create user interfaces, try these frameworks.
You may also like: Everything React: Tutorials for Beginners and Experts Alike
1. Create React App
This command-line interface from Facebook developers is a must-have for every React Native project. The reason is that the Create React App is easy to use and prevents you from having to manually set up and configure your app, thereby saving you a lot of time and effort.
With just a simple command, everything will be ready for you to create a React native project easily. You can use it to build a catalog and files, and the framework also includes tools to build, test, and launch your application.
Why Opt for Create React App
- Top-notch tool developed with a configure bundle, transpiler, and test runner.
- No configuration and no extra files at the app structure.
- Fixed Development stack.
- Effective Fast developing tool.
2. Material Kit React
Inspired by Google's Material Design system, Material Kit React can be an excellent choice for building React UI components. The best thing about this library is that it offers a lot of components that are built to fit together and look incredible. There are over 1,000 fully coded components, and each one comes with separate layers organized in folders. This means you have thousands of options to choose from. There are several example pages as well, in case you want to get inspiration or share an idea or concept with someone.
Installing the Material Kit
$ npm install @material-ui/core
The Material-UI component work without any additional setup, and do not pollute the global scope.
The React component supports easier and faster web development. With it, you can build your own design system, or start with Material Design.
3. Shards React
This modern React UI kit has been built from scratch to achieve fast performance. It has a modern design system that lets you customize things the way you want. You can even download the source files to customize things at the code level. Also, the SCSS syntax used for styling enhances the development experience.
Shards React is based on Shards and uses React Datepicker, React Popper (a positioning engine), and noUISlider. It also supports incredible Material Design icons. There are some pre-made versions to help you gain some inspiration and get started.
Installation Shards with Yarn or NPM
# Yarn yarn add shards-react # NPM npm i shards-react
- Shards is lightweight having a small footprint and weighting ~13kb minified and gzipped.
- Shards is responsive by default being able to adapt and reflow its layout to any screen size.
- Shards is well documented so you can start building beautiful interfaces as soon as possible.
4. Styled Components
This efficient CSS tool helps build small, reusable components that are responsible for an app's visual interface. With traditional CSS, you can accidentally overwrite the selectors used in other places on the website, but Styled Components can help you completely avoid this problem by using a CSS syntax directly inside your components.
npm install --save styled-components
- Make components more readable.
- Build custom components with CSS.
- Inline styling.
- Convert component even the custom component to a styled component by simply invoking styled().
sudo npm install redux sudo npm install react-redux
- Predictable state update helps in defining the data flow of the application.
- Logic easier to test and time-travel debugging with reducer functions.
- Centralizing the state.
6. React Virtualized
npm install react-virtualized
- Display a large amount of data efficiently.
- Rendering a huge data set.
- Implements virtual rendering with a set of components.
7. React DnD
ReactDnD is responsible for the creation of complex drag-and-drop interfaces. There are dozens of drag-and-drop libraries, but React DnD stands out because it is built on top of modern HTML5's drag-and-drop API, making the process of creating interfaces easy.
npm install react-dnd-preview
- Beautiful and natural movement of items bouquet.
- Powerful keyboard and screen reader support wheelchair.
- Extremely performant.
- Clean and powerful api.
- Plays extremely well with standard browser interactions.
- Unopinionated styling.
- No creation of additional wrapper dom nodes.
8. React Bootstrap
npm install react-bootstrap bootstrap
- Can easily import required code/component.
- Saves typing and bugs by compressing the Bootstrap.
- Reduces typing efforts and conflicts by compressing the Bootstrap.
- It is easy to use.
- It encapsulates in elements.
9. React Suite
React Suite is another efficient React.js framework that contains a wide range of component libraries for enterprise system products. It supports all major browsers and platforms, making it suitable for just about any system. It also supports server-side rendering.
npm i rsuite --save
- Easily manage the application easily with the help of global accessing features.
- Redux library centralizes state management.
- Redux is flexible with all the UI layers and has a large ecosystem.
- Redux reduces this complexity and provides global accessibility.
The best thing about PrimeReact is that it provides components that cover almost all of a UI's basic requirements, such as input options, menus, data presentations, messages, etc. The framework also pays close attention to the mobile experience, thus helping you design touch-optimized elements.
npm install primereact --save npm install primeicons --save
- Simplicity and Performance.
- Ease of Use.
- Spring Applications.
- Create rich user interfaces.
- Usability and simplicity.
11. React Router
React Router is quite popular in the React Native developer community because it is very easy to start working with. All you need is Git and the npm package manager installed on your PC, a basic knowledge of React, and a willingness to learn. There is nothing too complicated.
$ npm install --save react-router
- Dynamic route matching
- CSS transitions on views when navigating
- Standardized app structure and behavior
Installation for yarn and npm
$ npm install grommet styled-components --save
- Create one toolkit as a packaged deal
- Take the open-door policy to the extreme
- Restructuring can help influence an established org
13. Onsen UI
Onsen offers tabs, a side menu, stack navigation, and other components. The best thing about the framework is that all of its components have iOS and Android Material Design support along with automatic styling, which changes the app's appearance depending on the platform.
npm install onsenui
- Onsen UI is built on free and open-source code.
- It doesn't force any type of DRM on apps developed with it.
- Offers end users the native experience.
Published at DZone with permission of Amit Dua . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.