DZone's Article Submission Guidelines
DZone's Article Submission Guidelines
Want to be a DZone contributor? We welcome you! See what it takes for your piece to be one of the roughly 50 articles we publish each day on DZone.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Updated 5 November 2019.
At DZone, we believe that sharing knowledge makes life better for everyone. As you have probably discovered, DZone.com is a community for software developers, engineers, and architects dedicated to helping IT professionals learn faster and be more successful. We're thrilled that you're considering sharing what you know with the community, but before you submit your article for consideration, please make sure that your content conforms to the following guidelines.
- Your DZone profile must display your real name. Articles submitted through a profile with a company name or pseudonym may be deleted. (We promote a culture of transparency.)
- Your DZone profile picture must be an actual picture of you. Articles submitted through a profile with a company logo or without a profile picture may be deleted.
Your Submission: What Works
Read up on how to submit a post to DZone and follow the points out laid out below to ensure that your post has everything required to pass moderation:
- Content you submit must be original content written by you. Content written by you but published elsewhere (such as a personal or company blog) is acceptable as long as you have permission to republish it.
- You may also submit articles on the behalf of others, assuming you have permission to do so. Please note that the original author must have their own DZone account conforming to the Account Basics guidelines and must be listed as the author in the Contributors section of your post.
- We do not permit plagiarized content. We screen articles for plagiarism before they run on DZone and will automatically reject them if they are plagiarized. To learn more, check out this page on how to avoid plagiarism and cite sources. Furthermore:
- Any published articles found to be plagiarized will be immediately deleted.
- Any user found to be plagiarizing will have their account deactivated.
- Any MVBs who plagiarize will no longer be syndicated.
Your Submission: What Doesn't Work
The following topics, on the other hand, are not well-suited to DZone and may be deleted at the discretion of our moderators:
- Pure SEO (above the page-structure level; DOM- and code-level SEO optimizations are fine, but this is sometimes a fine line). This includes similar fields, like ASO, etc.
- Gadgets without a related developer story.
- Raw press releases/minor product announcements. (Here are some tips to turn your press releases into useful tutorials for developers.)
- Ads for products and professional services. If you want to advertise with DZone, we would be happy to introduce you to a member of our sales team.
- Advertorial content (won't win you any developer friends anyway). Advertorial content may be selectively deleted by our editors at their discretion and includes:
- Overtly marketing-oriented links to products and/or professional services.
- Calls-to-Action (CTAs).
- Non-technical content that only applies to paid/closed source/proprietary software.
- Opinion-based/editorial articles solely describing benefits of a product, service, etc., without touching on the drawbacks.
- Lists or summaries of product features.
- Lists or summaries of problems that a product solves.
- Irrelevant content.
- Blurbs or incomplete articles. This includes articles with introductions that link off-site for the full article.
Additionally, please note that all articles submitted to DZone must go through moderation and will be edited by our team of editors. The time it takes for articles to go through moderation varies based on article quality, article length, and the volume of submissions received. If you go more than five (5) business days after a submission without hearing from an editor, please email email@example.com.
With that, thank you for contributing to DZone! If you have any questions about articles, content, or submission guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have something to share?
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.