6 Best Excel VBA Programming Books
In this article, take a look at six of the best Excel VBA programming books.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The term VBA stands for the Visual Basic for Applications, a programming language of MS Excel. It offers an amazing feature to create a user interface that works like a paint program because it gives you a Drag and Drop and align feature for controlling the graphical user interface. VBA improves Excel’s functionality because users get the reliability to create and mold their Excel sheets accordingly. Hence, if you learn VBA programming, you can take your spreadsheet techniques to new heights. There are various Excel VBA programming books available, but it is good to have the best books to get great Excel training easily. So, in this article, you will get thorough information about 6 best Excel VBA programming books.
- Excel 2016 Power Programming with VBA
- Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA
- Microsoft Excel 2019 VBA and Macros
- Excel VBA Programming for Dummies
- Excel VBA Programming for Beginners
- Excel Macros: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
1. Excel 2016 Power Programming With VBA
It is an amazing book covering all of the new features, tricks, and tools. In case you want to go for the updated techniques and ways to learn Excel, you should try this book and learn new tools and technologies of Excel 2016. This book has 800 pages that consist of different online examples and topics like Excel interface, the file format of Excel, enhanced collaboration features, different types of VBA technologies, and many references to develop Excel applications. This book will help you to improve your capabilities because it is easy to read, and there is a brief and step-by-step process to create the use of custom formulas and other important things.
Features of Excel 2016 Power Programming With VBA
- It consists of advanced VBA techniques.
- You get online examples and resources.
- It has completely updated content for Excel 2016
- It offers lots of tips and tricks.
2. Excel 2013 Power Programming With VBA
Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA is one of the best Excel VBA Programming Books because it is best for both beginner and advanced level learning, and it is written by John Walkenbach. This book offers all of the essential tips, methods, and tools to improve your programming ability in Excel. This book is the highest rated Excel book on amazon, and it has 1100 pages so that you will get complete Excel training from start to end in Excel. This book consists of a deep reference for Visual Basic, which is suitable for MS Excel 2013. It includes different procedures for creating UserForms to advanced applications such as charts and PivotTables through VBA programming.
Features of Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA
- It has 1100, so you will get good Excel training through this book.
- It is suitable for both beginners to experts because this book has all types of programming techniques.
- You can learn Excel file structures.
- This book provides information about the formula techniques for the Excel sheet.
3. Microsoft Excel 2019 VBA and Macros
Microsoft Excel 2019 VBA and Macros is a great book that amazingly explains the working of VBA with Excel because it gives complete details for building the basic learning level with proper Excel training. This book gives different examples to help you to understand various macro techniques for creating automated reports. This book also includes some basic topics like pivot tables, event programming, multi-dimensional arrays, carts, user forms, web queries, etc. The authors of this book modified it for all of the updated Excel programs that will give a step by step procedures and techniques for VBA programming.
Features of Microsoft Excel 2019 VBA and Macros
- This book will help you to create and manipulate spreadsheets.
- It is consists of a complete instruction to UserForms
- You can learn to create Add-Ins.
- There is brief information about Excel with VBA.
4. Excel VBA Programming for Dummies
Excel VBA Programming for Dummies is an amazing book that can help you to do great things on the spreadsheet. This book helps you to learn VBA easily because it offers simple Excel training so this book is also best for beginners to learn everything. This book also gives some useful tools and complete information for Visual Basic Editor. As we have said, this book is easy to read, so it will help you to understand the step-by-step guide for learning Excel and Visual Basic in Microsoft Office.
Features of Excel VBA Programming for Dummies
- You can learn to use VBA and functions of Worksheet
- You can learn different techniques to handle error
- This book is value for money
- It has basic information on VBA programming
- This book is optimized for the MS Excel 2016
5. Excel VBA Programming for Beginners
Excel VBA Programming for Beginners is useful for beginners to understand VBA Macros with MS Excel because it describes everything about Visual Basic in MS Excel 2013. You can also learn to write macro formulas then analyze the data in Microsoft Excel. This book includes various important and basic topics such as charts creation, UserForms, decision making, Array, VBA operators, VBA error handling, etc. IF you read this book, you can easily learn VBA programming because there are step by step guide procedures.
Features of Excel VBA Programming for Beginners: Excel VBA 2013
- You can learn Visual Basic
- You can learn function, arrays, and operators
- It has a complete guide for creating UserForms
- You can learn to handle Error in VBA.
6. Excel Macros: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
Excel Macros: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide gives all fundamental tools and techniques for grinding your knowledge and easily understanding VBA programming with Excel. If you are a beginner and want to learn VBA programming deeply, it is an excellent book because it explains everything about Excel VBS programming. After finishing the book, you will understand different tips and tricks to VBA programming to use Excel sheets. You can learn different important things from this book, such as error handling in VBS, performing complex techniques, learn to create custom formulas, and many more.
Features of Excel Macros: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
- It offers all of the basic Excel programmings
- This book has important information on decision making.
- You can learn a detailed procedure to write a VBA program
- There are various basic examples for better understanding.
In this article, we have provided complete information regarding the 6 best Excel VBA programming books. So as we have discussed, if you learn VBA programming, you can take your spreadsheet techniques to new heights. There are various Excel VBA programming books available, but it is good to have the best books to learn different things easily. This article will help you to understand the VBA programming and the best Excel VBA programming books so that you can choose the best one according to your requirements.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.