Creating a 10 Million Visits a Month Community at DZone
Kellet Atkinson, Director of Product at DZone, discusses community building and partnering with Dev Interrupted to host INTERACT
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Before Kellet Atkinson was the Director of Product at DZone, he was flexing his entrepreneurial muscles by building custom-made guitar pedals for his friends.
He joins the Dev Interrupted podcast to talk about the joy of building communities, why it's so important to create communities that encourage people to share their experience and how DZone grew to a site that has 10 million page views a month.
Kellet also discusses DZone's recent Low-Code and CI/CD reports as well as partnering with Dev Interrupted on the forthcoming INTERACT conference on September 30th.
Episode Highlights Include:
- Growing DZone into a community with 10 million page views a month
- How to begin writing and what to expect
- Why writing what you know is the best place to start
- DZone's Low-Code Development Report and CI/CD Trend Report
- Micro feedback loops
- Partnering with Dev Interrupted on the forthcoming INTERACT conference for engineering leaders on September 30th
INTERACT: September 30th, 2021
If you want to learn from some of the best engineers and engineering minds in the business, register for INTERACT: the community-driven, digital conference designed by engineering leaders, for engineers leaders. This single day conference will feature 10+ speakers, interactive sessions and a community built by 100’s of engineers and engineers leaders, all for free.
I will be sharing all of the leadership lessons I’ve learned over the course of my career as well as everything I’ve learned as host of the Dev Interrupted podcast.
Here is a quick look at some of the amazing speakers I will be interviewing for INTERACT::
- Maria Gutierrez, VP of Engineering at Twitter will be discussing her experience and strategies for sustainably scaling engineering teams and processes.
- Henrik Gütle: GM, Microsoft Azure of Microsoft Canada will be detailing Microsoft's research into developer velocity.
- Yaron Inger: Co-Founder and CTO at Lightricks will be sharing how he helped propel the company he co-founded to unicorn status.
- Luca Rossi: Head of Engineering at Translated will be discussing how best to respond to engineering leadership screwups.
Don’t miss your chance to learn from these great engineering leaders. We look forward to seeing you on September 30th, remember to save your seat!
With over 1700 members, the Dev Interrupted Discord Community is the best place for Engineering Leaders to engage in daily conversation. No sales people allowed. Join the community >>
Published at DZone with permission of Dan Lines, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.