Healthcare Domain Testing (With Example Test Cases)
Here we will see the introduction, test cases and tips of healthcare domain testing.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The healthcare industry is one of the largest in the world, and it is intimately linked to human life and has a significant impact on individual lives. Healthcare refers to the diagnosis and treatment of disease, illness, and other physical and mental disabilities in people.
What Is Healthcare Domain Testing?
Healthcare domain testing is one of the most important domains in which we test a healthcare domain application to see if it fits the domain's requirements and to check for many factors such as standards, security, conformance, and cross dependency with other entities. The main purpose of healthcare domain testing is to ensure that the product is of high quality, easy to operate, and effective.
Basic Knowledge of Healthcare Domain
The one body that is a hospital is intertwined with the rest of the healthcare system.
Among the other entities are –
- Insurance Company: Insurance firms assess risk and charge rates for various types of insurance coverage, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and BCBS, among others.
- Patient/Consumers: Any person who receives health care services from healthcare professionals is referred to as a patient.
- Regulatory Authority: A regulatory agency, also known as a regulatory body, is a government entity in charge of exercising autonomous dominion, such as HIPAA, OASIS assessment, HCFA 1500, and UB92, among other things.
- Vendors of health-care and life-science solutions
Healthcare Domain Test Cases Examples
Following are test cases for hospital management.
- Check that the new patient registration form on the healthcare portal has all of the needed areas for registering a patient, such as blood group or other important information.
- Ensure that a valid patient id is generated upon patient registration.
- Patients should be able to see their reports and other information after logging onto the portal with that patient-id.
- Verify that the patient's details are updated in the patient details database following the health check-up, based on the requirements.
- Check to see if the system has a super-admin for doctors.
- Check that each doctor's information, such as their hours, specialty, charge, and the patient they saw, is visible to users.
- When leaving or entering the hospital, double-check if the doctor's record can be erased from the system.
- Verify that the system's billing admin generates the charge using data generated from various systems and the patient's unique application number (i.e. Patient Id).
- Check to see if a hard copy of the bill can be printed when the user prints it.
- Verify that only authorized users have access to the total day-by-day billing.
- Check that the hospital's administration has inventory, a room list, and bed management.
- Check that the administrator has a record of all the equipment, machinery, and medications and that this record is updated whenever they are used or added to the system.
- Verify that the administration has a record of available rooms and beds and that this record is updated depending on the allocation and departure of patients.
Important Tips For Healthcare Domain Testing
- Dates are crucial and must be exact.
- If someone schedules an appointment, it must be kept and completed on time.
- The information should be current and correct.
- The healthcare system needs to be safe.
Because the healthcare industry is one of the most significant in the world and has a direct impact on people's quality of life in each country, having a thorough understanding of the domain is critical when testing such applications. When we think of the healthcare system, the first thing that comes to mind is precision; the system must be both precise and secure. It is necessary to update the system whenever a new entity is added or removed.
Published at DZone with permission of Deepali chadokar. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.