Top 7 React Native Components for Software Development
Cross-platform app development is much in demand as it has earned immense popularity in the market.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
React Native is one such framework that is used for software development. It allows app development for multiple platforms with a single code base for iOS, Android, Windows with a single code base. React Native is one of the most known and highly used cross-platform for mobile app development presented by Facebook and the most prominent active developers' communities.
What Is React Native?
React Native uses native components instead of web components like React. To know the framework and understand the elements for an excellent react application, you need to go through the basic structure of a React Native, and some of the basic React concepts, like JSX, state, and more.
What React Native Can Do
- It makes platform-specific versions to share code across platforms where it will be easy to share a code with a single codebase.
- Leveraging one team support for two platforms and conveying a standard technology.
Why Use React Native for App Development?
- It is a cross-platform and very easy to develop the app.
- It is time and cost-effective over other frameworks.
- With React Native, complex features and app tasks are made easy to provide a more enhanced app user experience.
- You will get all answers from React Native community and libraries for seamless development.
- It serves a customized user experience to each user on the same application.
- With React Native, detecting bugs are easier as it uses a single codebase for Android and iOS.
Top 7 React Native Components for Software Development
When you decide to develop software with React Native, you must understand the components in React for app designing. As per the platform guidelines, React Native components are useful for developing a robust business app.
Lets' look at some React Native components that every developer needs for robust app development.
1. React Native Elements
React Native as a cross-platform UI toolkit sets a few excellent open-source UI components at one location. Its elements are an execution of the material design system.
It includes a set of general-purpose UI components for application design and overall user experience. The most amazing thing with React Native elements is its themes, which can be changed in the runtime without reloading the application. So, a business can easily focus on logic and develop an attractive app with the visual appearance of your product.
2. Material Kit – React Native
Material Kit of React Native is completely coded with the app template. It is highly recommended to develop apps faster and effectively. It comes with over 200 variations of components such as inputs, buttons, cards, navigations, and more that offer you the freedom of choosing and combining.
All components can take variations in color, that you can easily modify inside our theme file.
Benefits of React Native Material Kit
- Google Material Design
- Open-Source Fonts
- expo.io + iOS/Android
3. React Native Bit
Bit is a React Native tool for component-driven app development that is used for quick app development. It is an extensible toolchain for systems that are easy to understand, test, maintain, and simple to collaborate on.
Bit’s USP lies in letting developers to create components outside an application. Developers can then utilize them to compose as many applications as they want with the help of Bit component. Also, developers can alter the functionality of components in the app by adding or removing them from applications.
4. React Native Base
Native Base is easy to access, and our developers use it for an excellent app experience. It is available in the utility-first library that helps you develop a uniform design system across all platforms, including iOS, Android, and Web.
Theme ability is the element offered by React Native known as Native Base and is personalized as per your app theme and component styles.
ARIA, powered by React Native, offers React hooks that allow developers to create accessible design systems in less time than other frameworks.
Advantages of NativeBase
- Naturally Beautiful – Native Base crafts a beauty in an app that is inherited in itself, offering attractive components.
- Multi-Platform – It supports multiple platforms and is thus easy to develop. You can ask developers to customize app properties using platform-specific mounts.
- Accessible – NativeBase is easy to access and use and provides the box effect, including focus management and keyboard navigation.
- Customizable – As mentioned, it is a default theme used to add components in the app that are customized as per-app requirements.
5. Vector Icons – React Native
Vector Icons is a known component of React that is Perfect for logos, buttons, and nav/tab bars. It is simple to extend, style, and incorporate into your app development.
React Native with 3,000+ icons in the library helps you find components that fit your needs.
Advantages of Vector Icons Component
- It is highly intuitive for designing buttons, logos, and nav/tab bars.
- Vector Icons will enable you to import icons faster.
- They are simple to extend, style, and integrate into your apps.
6. React Native Ignite
Ignite is a well-known React Native boilerplate which is highly used for software development. React Native Ignite is a collection of Infinite Red’s thoughts on layout, patterns, and stack in one place.
As per the official React website, developers save their development time for around four weeks using React Native Ignite. Also, Ignite contains React Navigation 5, React Native, MobX-React-Lite, AsyncStorage, TypeScript, MobX-State-Tree and is Flipper-ready.
7. React Native Paper
React Native Paper, the last but not the least component of React, is a collection of customizable and production-ready components. If you plan for React Native mobile app development, hire developers who are experienced in React Native Paper as it helps you add interaction that suits almost every use-case design.
One can easily customize features like default colors or make your design with the help of this component. In addition, we utilize the theming support provided by React Native Paper along with the option to switch between dark and light modes.
Advantages of React Native Paper
- It is a high-quality, standard-compliant material design library.
- It also covers all significant use-cases for app development.
- React Native Paper is free and open-source which makes it quickly available.
- Its fast, interface, responsive, and works reliably on both platforms.
Published at DZone with permission of Kiran Beladiya. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.