7 Benefits of Cloud Automation for Streamlined IT Operations
Learn how cloud automation can streamline your IT operations and benefit your organization.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Cloud automation refers to the process of using technology to automate the deployment, management, and scaling of applications and infrastructure in a cloud computing environment. This can include tasks such as provisioning and configuring virtual machines, managing storage and networking resources, and deploying and scaling applications.
Cloud automation can be achieved using tools such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Configuration Management tools, and Cloud Management Platforms (CMPs). These tools allow organizations to manage their cloud resources and infrastructure more efficiently and effectively by automating routine and repetitive tasks and providing a unified view of their cloud resources, regardless of their cloud provider.
Benefits of Cloud Automation for Streamlined IT Operations
Cloud automation can greatly simplify the process of managing and scaling cloud-based resources, making it easier for organizations to adapt quickly to changing business needs and capitalize on new opportunities. Let’s check out some of the benefits here.
1. Increased Efficiency and Cost Savings
Automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks can greatly reduce the amount of manual labor required to manage cloud-based resources. This can lead to increased efficiency, cost savings, and reduced human error.
2. Improved Scalability
Automation allows for easy scaling of resources based on changing business needs without needing manual intervention. This can help organizations quickly adapt to changes in demand and avoid the costs associated with under or over-provisioning resources.
3. Enhanced Security
Cloud Automation can also be used to implement security best practices and compliance requirements, helping to protect cloud-based resources from potential threats.
4. Improved Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
Automation can help organizations create and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans, allowing for rapid recovery during an outage or disruption.
5. Simplified Multi-Cloud and Hybrid Cloud Management
Cloud automation can help organizations manage and automate tasks across multiple cloud providers and manage tasks across on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
6. Speed Up Time-To-Market
Automation can help organizations to release new products and features faster, increasing their competitiveness in the market.
7. Improved Collaboration and Communication
Automation can also help IT teams to collaborate and communicate more effectively, as they can automate tasks that were previously done manually, allowing them to focus on more strategic initiatives.
Overall, cloud automation can help organizations to improve their IT operations and increase their agility, security, and scalability.
Statistics of Cloud Automation
Check these statistics that demonstrate a growing trend of organizations adopting cloud automation to manage their cloud infrastructure and improve their IT operations, as well as a growing market for cloud automation solutions and services.
- A survey by RightScale found that 72% of organizations are using automation tools to manage their cloud infrastructure.
- By 2022, more than 70% of organizations will adopt cloud-native platforms and architecture to support cloud-native application development, which will be one of the key drivers for cloud automation. — Gartner
- MarketsandMarkets research suggests that the cloud automation market is expected to grow from $5.81 billion in 2020 to $12.73 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 17.1% during the forecast period.
- According to a study by Flexera, most organizations (56%) are using automation tools to manage their cloud infrastructure, with an additional 34% planning to do so soon.
- A report by IDC suggests that the cloud automation market is driven by a growing need for self-service provisioning, automation of IT operations, and the ability to manage multi-cloud environments.
Cloud automation provides numerous benefits for streamlined IT operations. It can increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve scalability. Automation can also enhance security and improve disaster recovery and business continuity. It can also simplify multi-cloud and hybrid cloud management, speed up time-to-market, and improve collaboration and communication.
Automation tools such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Configuration management tools can help organizations manage their cloud resources and infrastructure more efficiently and effectively by automating routine and repetitive tasks and providing a unified view of their cloud resources, regardless of the cloud provider they are using.
The adoption of cloud automation is growing, and it is expected to continue to grow in the future as more organizations look for ways to improve their IT operations and increase their competitiveness in the market.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.