Best Programming Quotes
Best Programming Quotes
If you're having one of those days where you're feeling a little sluggish, check out this list of great quotes (and the link to hilarious memes)!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Engineers build business. See why software teams at Atlassian, PayPal, TripAdvisor, Adobe, and more use GitPrime to be more data-driven. Request a demo today.
A Robert Half International survey found that 91% of executives believe a sense of humor is important for career advancement1; while 84% feel that people with a good sense of humor do a better job. At Apiumhub, we believe that sense of humor is truly important in personal and professional life, especially for software developers. When our jobs are getting a little too serious, we like to input a dose of software development humor/inspiration into our daily lives. That’s why we compiled this list of best programming quotes that you will definitely love.
To start the day with positive vibes, I found an absolutely amazing page with programming jokes/memes on DZone, where every joke makes you laugh! Click here to start your day in a good mood.
A Few of Our Favorite Quotes
- “Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” – Martin Fowler
- “First, solve the problem. Then, write the code.” – John Johnson
- “Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde
- “ In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different” – Coco Chanel
- “Knowledge is power.” – Francis Bacon
- “Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code.” – Dan Salomon
- “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Ruby is rubbish! PHP is phpantastic!” – Nikita Popov
- “ Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it’s bad.” – Cory House
- “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire
- “Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treatment. “ Kent Beck
- “When to use iterative development? You should use iterative development only on projects that you want to succeed.” – Martin Fowler
- “Simplicity is the soul of efficiency.” – Austin Freeman
- “Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable.” – Ralph Johnson
- “Make it work, make it right, make it fast.” – Kent Beck
Published at DZone with permission of Ekaterina Novoseltseva . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.