Best Programming Quotes
Best Programming Quotes
If you're having one of those days where you're feeling a little sluggish, check out this list of great quotes (and the link to hilarious memes)!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
A Robert Half International survey found that 91% of executives believe a sense of humor is important for career advancement1; while 84% feel that people with a good sense of humor do a better job. At Apiumhub, we believe that sense of humor is truly important in personal and professional life, especially for software developers. When our jobs are getting a little too serious, we like to input a dose of software development humor/inspiration into our daily lives. That’s why we compiled this list of best programming quotes that you will definitely love.
To start the day with positive vibes, I found an absolutely amazing page with programming jokes/memes on DZone, where every joke makes you laugh! Click here to start your day in a good mood.
A Few of Our Favorite Quotes
- “Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” – Martin Fowler
- “First, solve the problem. Then, write the code.” – John Johnson
- “Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde
- “ In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different” – Coco Chanel
- “Knowledge is power.” – Francis Bacon
- “Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code.” – Dan Salomon
- “Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- “Ruby is rubbish! PHP is phpantastic!” – Nikita Popov
- “ Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it’s bad.” – Cory House
- “Fix the cause, not the symptom.” – Steve Maguire
- “Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treatment. “ Kent Beck
- “When to use iterative development? You should use iterative development only on projects that you want to succeed.” – Martin Fowler
- “Simplicity is the soul of efficiency.” – Austin Freeman
- “Before software can be reusable it first has to be usable.” – Ralph Johnson
- “Make it work, make it right, make it fast.” – Kent Beck
Published at DZone with permission of Ekaterina Novoseltseva . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.