Decoding the Merits of MEAN Tech Stack for Your Organization
MEAN tech stack is an advancement that is pioneering web development. In this article, learn about MEAN stack and how it can help your organization prosper.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
This decade has witnessed numerous shifts in the technological domain resulting in quick and sustainable advancement. One of such advancements in the arena of technology is the MEAN tech stack which resonates with a pioneering version of web development.
Being an abbreviation of MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js, MEAN stack stands to synergize these components and make them easy to use for developers. Many of the brands or companies that we know today have used MEAN stack for seamless development, quick speed, user convenience, and performance enhancement. A few of such names are Gmail, Netflix, Forbes, YouTube, LinkedIn, PayPal, and The Weather Channel.
Having known this, let’s take a close look at the mechanism of MEAN stack individual components.
The Famous MEAN Stack Components
High performance and scalability are what companies aim for in these faster-growing markets, and MongoDB helps them achieve so. Being a database manager, MongoDB easily executes NoSQL structure. On top of that, it also facilitates the smooth transfer of data between the server and the client. Given its capabilities of cross-platform execution and object-oriented database, it ensures that you don’t have advanced access over all digital dais. It also helps you achieve matchless performance and high scalability by supporting multi-dimensional data types.
The back-end is the backbone of a healthy application, and Express.js ensures that it is robust and efficient. No doubt in the fact that Express.js can support as well as host Node.js applications. An important back-end character, this framework assists both single and multi-page web applications. It takes on the responsibility for the everyday monotonous task, thereby setting the developers free for work of high quality.
Now comes the front-end-supporting framework — Angular.js. It helps all the inherent components easily communicate and collaborate with one another by eliminating any unwanted codes. Developers cherish the use of Angular.js as its basic structure supports dynamic web app development.
Node.js is a costless, reliable, and open-source framework that works as a final component to run back-end servers. Yes! It can carry on simultaneous execution of multiple connections with the event-based and non-blocking I/O model. This component is not only efficient to run browsers but also is dynamic in nature and weightless to execute.
Now, let’s adjust the lens a bit closer to get the crux of why companies employ the MEAN tech stack for web development.
Now that we have got a glimpse of MEAN stack basics, it’s time that we understand the benefits it provides for a web application.
MEAN Stack and Its 9 Major Benefits
MEAN stack is definitely one of the latest technologies in the digital town, but given its vast potential, companies are increasingly taking recourse to it. It benefits app development in the following ways:
- Easy collaboration of the client with the server: MEAN stack promotes web applications development using only a single language that makes the work of developers easy. The expert developer can quickly deploy web applications to the server, thereby eliminating the scenario of deployment to a standalone server on the initial basis. Moreover, a JS expert can seamlessly execute different projects of application development using the MEAN tech stack formula.
- The merit of open-source components: The components used in the MEAN stack are all open-source, and that means all of them are free of cost. Hence, developers are empowered to develop and create robust and reliable applications solutions with negligible investment, all thanks to the MEAN stack.
- It helps save on cost: App development is a big thing in the software business and cost is one of the vital factors that affect it. MEAN tech stack requires only a few developers to work on a project as compared to other frameworks, hence drastically reducing the cost of a project. What’s an add-on to this is that the MEAN stack is open-source and free-of-cost.
- It helps save time and is a resourceful tool: How resourceful? MEAN stack has a wide directory of modules libraries when it comes to Node.js. This assists developers to refrain from building modules from scratch which would be a time-consuming affair. Moreover, the automatic testing feature helps developers receive the required notifications. This further helps them rectify all the errors on a timely basis.
- It possesses maximum versatility: MEAN stack is exceptionally versatile during web app development. Not only does it facilitate easy app testing on the cloud platform, but it also allows for the quick addition of new features during development or post-development. It also promotes seamless development and testing in the cloud processes.
Apart from these, MEAN stack has other benefits up its sleeves such as:
- It uses a minimalist memory footprint or overhead.
- It assists in keeping the application organized.
- The MEAN stack makes the code isomorphic.
Be a Part of the MEAN Tech Stack Drive
Yes! You have already got the idea, we know. MEAN stack is highly beneficial if you’re planning to develop a web app for your upcoming project. With a bundle of merits such as time and cost-effectiveness, risk reduction, and mobility, the MEAN stack can be your ideal aid to achieve an edge over your competitors.
It is surely your partner when it comes to building dynamic websites and applications. Not only this but being user-friendly ensures that your developers have a quick and organized approach to developing rapid web app prototypes.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.