Developing and Invoking a REST API With App Connect [Video]
Video tutorials which demonstrate how to develop and then invoke a REST API using IBM App Connect Enterprise
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
You can create a REST API using OpenAPI v2 and OpenAPI v3 documents in IBM App Connect Enterprise, either from scratch or by using an existing OpenAPI document.
In the first video we create a REST API using the de facto Petstore OpenAPI v3 example by following these steps;
- Download the OpenAPI document and create the REST API project from it.
- View or edit the OpenAPI document using the OpenAPI Editor.
- Implement an operation by creating a subflow for it.
- After deploying the REST API to an Integration Server, view it using the WebUI.
- Test the REST API operation using the ‘Try it’ capability to check that the request can be processed by the subflow and a response is returned.
In the second video we demonstrate how to invoke a REST API using the REST API that was deployed in the first video using the REST Request node. The REST API is defined using an OpenAPI v3 document and the REST Request node is configured from the same OpenAPI v3 document.
Published at DZone with permission of Sanjay Nagchowdhury. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.